June 27, 2016

What I'm Loving: June 2016

I can't believe that June is over. This means the end of the school year, and the beginning of summer vacation! Well, I have 3 weeks off since I'm teaching summer school, but at least it's a break. I've always been more of a fall girl, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited for summer. Warmer weather means trips to Maine and the beach. Yes please!  Keep reading to see my favorites from this month!

Beauty
This month I have been loving the Defy & Inspire Nail Polish in the shade Pinky Swear. I did an NOTD post about it recently, if you want to learn a bit more about it. I've been wearing this bad boy all month, and I can't get enough of it. I keep reaching for it whenever I go to give myself a manicure, and that rarely ever happens. I love how simple and elegant it is.

Television
I am back with another period TV show. I absolutely love the 1920s. The fashion is to die for! Miss Fisher is a private investigator in Australia during the 20s. This show has absolutely everything. Killer fashion and makeup, funny characters, a lot of mystery, and historical references every now and then. I love sitting down after a long day of work to watch an episode.

Music
I have not been about to get this song out of my head all month. It has become my official 'getting ready' song. The 1975 is great band, and I've been listening to them for awhile. This might be my favorite song that they have released. Looking for a summer anthem? Try this!

Food
My dad grew up in Kentucky, and always raved about Grippos potato chips. I didn't get my hands on them until I was about 13 on a visit to Kentucky. I have been hooked ever since. My family buys a trunk full of them whenever we are down South. Recently, I ordered my dad a box of mini bags for Father's Day, and treated myself to a few. These chips are spicy little piece of potato heaven. I may or may not be having a bag while I am writing this...

See you all next month! Xx

2 comments:

  1. I loove 1975, they are amazing, and that nail colour is really cute

    http://technicolor-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are seriously good! Thanks for reading Lola! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!