June 22, 2016

Subscription Box: June 2016 Sephora Play! Unboxing

That's right ladies, I have officially been taken off the waiting list for the Sephora Play! subscription box! This is actually my second box that I have received, but the first one came during my break so I didn't share it. I was beyond pumped when I received the email that I could finally try this service. I've been dying to see what Sephora's take on a beauty subscription box would be. Let's jump right in and take a look at this month's box. Complete side note, the sun was my ultimate nemesis while I was taking photos for this post. It was not cooporative, and felt it necessary to hide behind clouds and then all of a sudden come out in full force. I blame the sun for the lighting in these photos being a bit wonky...
This month's theme is The Minimalists. I've been a fan of minimalist products for ages, so this box is right up my alley. 

The first product I saw when I opened the box is the cult-favorite Benefit They're Real Mascara. I personally prefer a waterproof mascara, but I've heard so many people rave about this stuff. I will definitely pass this along to a friend. The next product included is the bareSkin Sheer Sun Serum Bronzer. This serum bronzer hybrid is meant to look ultra natural, and is supposedly wicked easy to apply. I'm pretty fair skinned, so any natural looking bronzer sounds good to me. The box also included a sample of the Becca Backlight Priming Filter. I've never used a product from Becca before, but I always see people posting about it online. The primer is supposed to give skin the appearance of being under soft diffused light. I actually am excited to give this a try the next time I do my makeup. 

Summer months mean plenty of exposure to the sun. I have been trying out multiple facial sunscreens recently, so this Tarte Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen SPF Lotion sample came at the perfect time. I didn't even know that Tarte made a sunscreen. The ocean lily scent of this stuff has me already sold.

For hair products, the box sampled the Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It. This is one of the products that I am most excited about. I've been starting to not heat style my hair as frequently as I did in the past, but air-dried hair can be a complete mess. This styling cream is supposed to give air-dried hair structure and reduce flyaways. Count me in!

My box also included a fragrance, and this month it is Tocca's Florence perfume. This romantic and feminine scent has notes of Italian bergamot, crushed violet petals, blonde wood, and ivory gardenia. I'm a sucker for a floral scent, and this one is pure heaven. This is such a casual and easy fragrance to wear. 


Final Thoughts
There is something luxurious about the products included in this box. Everything feels special and fits the theme perfectly. There are other beauty subscription services that create themes that make no sense, and include products that are just random. This was an extremely well thought out collection of products. My favorite has to be the Bumble and Bumble hair cream. I will get so much use out of it. I am already anticipating next month's box and theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!