February 26, 2016

What I'm Loving: February 2016

February is coming to an end. This month really helped to rejuvenate me, and provided me with a much needed break. January was quite challenging for me, but February was like a breath of fresh air.  I got a week off for February break at work, and will able to use that time off to visit my friend in Boston. I have been missing living in the city a lot recently, so it will be nice to spend some time there. There is no better feeling than being surrounded by the sounds of the city, and visiting with a friend you haven't seen in awhile.

Keep reading to see what made my favorites list for this month! Xx

Beauty

Benefit's Box O' Powder Blush in Dandelion
I have been loving the 'no makeup' makeup look recently. The more natural my makeup is, the better. I find that it can be hard to find a blush that works with my pale skin without looking too dramatic. Then, Dandelion came into the picture when I purchased the REAL Cheeky Party Blush Palette. It is a soft pink blush that gives my cheeks a hint of color, and a heck of a healthy glow.

Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer
My skin always looks a bit dull and dry around this time of year. I have to moisturize more often then normal just to keep my skin happy. My recent skincare purchase, the GinZing Moisturizer from Origins, has given my skin new life, and actually given my skin a healthy inner glow. I feel more confident without makeup now because of it. Also, this is light enough to not weigh down my oily skin or cause acne.

TV
Source
I have been absolutely obsessed with TV Land's show Younger. It stars my Broadway girl crush, Sutton Foster, as a 40 year old woman that decided to pretend to be 26 in order to get a job at a publishing house. Of course, Foster's character, Liza, has to constantly be on her A-game in order to keep up with the act. Liza is uber lucky, and is dating a complete babe that is a tattoo artist. Oh, and he's just 26. I think you can all figure out how this is destined to fail, but works in the weirdest/cutest way. I binge watched the show's two seasons over a week (it's in the middle of season 2 now), and I cannot wait for a new episode!

Music
My sister brought her CD of the Pitch Perfect 2 soundtrack with her in the car one morning, and the song Crazy Youngsters and I was hooked. I have listened to it on repeat this whole month, and I cannot get enough. It is fun, has a great beat, and is the perfect 'scream at the top of your lungs' vibe. 

Book
I struggled quite a bit with body-negativity this past month. There was a lot of self-loathing and body shaming going on. I decided that enough was enough, and I headed over to my local Barnes and Noble to find a new book to lift my spirits. I accidentally knocked Jes Baker's book, Things No One Will Tell a Fat Girl, off of the shelf, and it was like the universe was just knew that this was what I needed. I follow her blog and her Instagram, and I am a huge fan of her kick-ass attitude. The book is filled with body-positive essays that completely got me out of my funk, and made me feel so completely confident and sexy. I suggest that any person that is struggling with body image give this book a read.



What was your favorite moment of February?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!