February 19, 2016

First Impressions: Too Faced Natural Matte Eyeshadow Palette

I am the queen of neutral eyeshadows. The more natural looking a shadow is the more I love it. While I like a good shimmery shadow as much as the next girl, there are times when I want a more matte look. Matte shadows tend to get a bad rap for being chalky, but high end brands have been coming out with phenomenal matte palettes recently.
Back in November I picked up the Too Faced Natural Matte Eyeshadow Palette, and I cannot get enough of it. I have the original Natural Eyeshadow Palette, and the matte version feels very similar tone-wise. There are even three shadows that are featured in both palettes; Nudie, Cashmere Bunny, and Sexpresso.

The palette features 3 base shadows; Heaven (yellow-toned beige), Lace Teddy (muted peach), and Nudie (medium taupe brown). It also has 6 accent shadows; Cashmere Bunny (medium taupe), Sexpresso (warm dark brown), Strapless (medium rose-toned brown), Risque (dark neutral brown), Honey Butter (medium orange/brown), Chocolate Cookie (dark brown). Each of the shadows is, of course, matte. They are also highly pigmented, and their isn't a single chalky one in the bunch. I love Too Faced's eyeshadow formulation, and I can always rely on them to look as lovely at the end of the day as they did when I first put them on in the morning.
My favorite combination of the moment is Heaven all over the lid/up to the brow bone as a base, Lace Teddy all over the lid, Nudie in the crease, and Sexpresso along my upper lash line for some added intensity. Also, for my glasses girls, this looks fabulous with my glasses and adds subtle definition without being too much, if you know what I mean.

The palette retails for $36, which I think is an absolute steal. You receive quite a bit of product in the palette, and the wide variety of shades make it the only palette that you really need to reach for when you are in the mood for a matte eye look.

Do you own the Natural Matte palette? Do you like it?

5 comments:

  1. Wow this looks right up my street! Chocolate cookie looks so beautiful!
    Lovely post!
    Emma
    X

    Peacelovevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It looks nice all over the lid or as a crease shade. Xx

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks right up my street! Chocolate cookie looks so beautiful!
    Lovely post!
    Emma
    X

    Peacelovevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the look of this, these are all shades I love to wear x

    Zoe Mountford x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to have a matte palette handy! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!