January 11, 2016

What I Loved: 2015

I know, I know. I'm extremely late putting this post up. Oh well. At least it's getting up, haha!

2015 was one hell of a year for me. I finally graduated from college (which I talked about quite a bit on here), got to work with some fabulous brands and people, and secured my first 'grown-up' job. I honestly can't believe how jam-packed and busy I have been over the last 12 months. My life has completely changed, and I am absolutely loving it. I'm at a job that challenges me daily, made so many new friends, and feel more confident in myself. 2015 was a pretty awesome year. Now, I have big hopes for 2016. I just have a feeling that my life is going to continue to evolve.

Keep reading to see what made my favorites list!


Beauty

Colour Pop Super Shock Eyeshadows
Colour Pop made a huge splash this year on the beauty community. It seems like a day doesn't go by without someone using one of their products in a tutorial or mentioning them in a post. The real star of the collection is their Super Shock Eyeshadows. The unique gel/cream formulation makes the shadows extremely pigmented, and the wide range of colors is impressive. My favorites are Plunge and La La. I always use a primer with my shadows, however, these bad boys stay vibrant throughout the day and I have never had a problem with fallout of shimmer.

COVERGIRL The Super Sizer Waterproof Mascara
I have been a fan of drugstore mascaras for ages now. COVERGIRL's latest mascara, The Super Sizer, has a unique brush that latches on to every lash and ensures that the mascara is evenly distributed. This makes my lashes look ultra long and defined without looking spidery. The waterproof formulation doesn't smudge and lasts all day long. I'm in love.

Nails Inc. Nail Polish in VictoriaDark nail polishes speak to me. They always make me feel so cool, chic, and effortless. I basically live in dark polishes during the fall and winter. My favorite polish by far is Victoria by Nails Inc. It is a gorgeous deep berry. It is opaque, shiny, doesn't chip, and is simply stunning.

Fashion

I was finally able to visit Primark Boston this year. I was visiting a friend, and we just knew we had to stop by. First, let me just say how overwhelming the whole thing is. There must have been 1,000 people crammed into the 4 levels. You couldn't move an inch without bumping into someone. It was all a bit too much for me in the end, and I barely bought anything.

I was able to find a couple of awesome handbags, however! I was in love the second I locked my eyes on this little black beauty. It is simple and looks way more expensive than the $14 I paid for it. I guess you could say that I am in love.

TV
There were a few television shows that had me absolutely hooked this year. I can watch just about anything, so this is a bit of an eclectic group. Below are my two favorite shows of the year that I could not stop talking about!

Scream Queens

Ryan Murphy and I have a similar sense of humor, so I am always excited to watch shows that he comes out with. Scream Queens is the perfect mix of horror and comedy, and the second I heard Jamie Lee Curtis was attached to the show I just knew I was going to love it. The show revolves around a college sorority that somehow finds itself with a serial killer problem. The killer dresses as a red devil, the school's mascot, and kills people in some pretty creative ways. Emma Roberts' character, Chanel, is my favorite and says some of the most shocking things, but it always comes off hilarious. Also, the clothes on this show are incredible.

Poldark

Oh how I love this show. I'm a huge fan of period television shows and movies, and Poldark does not disappoint. It has a little bit of everything; history, mystery, drama. Oh, and Aidan Turner, who plays Ross Poldark, is an absolute babe! They announced earlier this year that it has been renewed for a second season, and I for one, could not be more excited!

Music
Elle King has been my musical obsession this year. I must have listened to her song America's Sweetheart a million times on repeat. I even have my dad hooked on her music. She has an incredibly unique voice, and her lyrics are so powerful and drip with attitude. Her songs Ex's & Oh's and Make You Smile have been playing in my care nonstop for the past few months.

Moment
My favorite moment of 2015 has to be the first day that I met my students. I remember being so nervous that they wouldn't like me and that I would do an awful job, but now I can't imagine my life without them. There are so many days when I feel stressed out or scared, but once I am in the classroom with them, that all seems to go away. They say some of the craziest things, and always seem to make me laugh. I could not have asked for a better group of students to start off my first year teaching.

What was your favorite moment of 2015?

1 comment:

  1. I really need to try Colour Pop! I just wish they were available in stores. I'm so happy Primark is starting to make its way over here. I've been waiting ages for more UK stores to arrive since Topshop finally came! And I love Elle King. Once I found out her dad is Rob Schneider, I totally see it in the eyes. Ex's and Oh's is one of those songs that just stays in my head! :)

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!