January 22, 2016

Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Extravagant Waterproof Mascara

I'm always on the lookout for a new mascara that will make my eyes look WOW. Everyone wants lashes that are long, defined, and have loads of volume. Maybe I might be asking for too much from a mascara, but I am determined to find that unicorn. I went to Sephora recently, and asked one of the girls that works there to recommend a mascara for me to try. I always love asking people to recommend products. It's one of the best ways to figure out if a product is worth it. 
The awesome girl that helped me knew instantly what mascara I should try, and handed me the Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Extravagant Waterproof Mascara. The name is a complete mouthful, but trust me, it's worth remembering. Once the girl showed me the wand, I was sold! 
The unique wand has a round base that tapers off to a point. It honestly looks so freaking cool. The shape of the wand makes it possible to grab every single lash and provide length and volume. The thinner end can be used to separate lashes and add precise definition while the rounded end pumps up the volume.

The mascara formulation is water resistant, and contains a non-sticky wax that is meant to resist clumping. This sounds pretty darn good to me.

I read a few reviews online where people had complaints about the formulation, and claimed that they experienced smudging. Now, I have oily skin, and there is no room for smudging. I tested out this mascara on my upper and lower lashes for an entire week in order to see if the complaints had any merit. I can say with 100% honesty that I did not experience smudging on my upper lashes. This didn't move a single inch! However, it did smudge on my lower lashes. I was completely bummed. I don't typically wear mascara on my lower lashes, so it isn't a complete deal breaker for me.

On the positive side, I am in love with this wand. The precise end allows me to really target specific areas, and the rounded end gave my outer lashes quite a bit of volume. I do need to be careful when I apply this, because it can get a touch spidery if I apply too much. Overall, a pretty solid everyday mascara.  

1 comment:

  1. I don't think we have this brand in the UK. I'm the opposite to you, and always wear mascara on my lower lashes! X

    ♥ Carly's Beauty Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!