December 21, 2015

Skin Saviors

Skincare was never something I paid much attention to when I was younger. I used my trusty Neutrogena acne face wash, and that was about it. It wasn't until I entered college that I started to take care of my skin, and really pay attention to what I put on it.

I've had oily, sensitive, and acne prone skin for as long as I can remember, and it took quite some time for me to find products that worked with my skin, instead of against it. I know that I have to steer clear of most products that have heavy oils, creamy formulations, and heavy perfumes. Over the years I have found certain products that I always come back to and can rely on. I even found a moisturizer recently that has completely changed my skin, and I could not wait to rave about it.

Keep reading to see which skincare saviors made my list!

I figured it would only make sense to share my most recent discovery first. I bought the Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer on a whim on Cyber Monday. I'd been looking for a new moisturizer for some time, and this just stuck out to me. I've been using this in the morning and night, and have seen such a change in my skin. The light formulation sinks into my skin instantly, and leaves it feeling plump and healthy. I've received quite a few compliments recently that my skin has a glow to it. I completely credit this product for that!

Acne completely and utterly sucks. No one wants little volcanoes on their face. I've been using products with tea tree oil for some time now, and the most logical step was to start using the real deal. I came across The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil at Ulta, and decided to grab it. I apply small amounts of this will a Q-tip to any problem areas of small breakouts. Within a couple of days my acne completely disappears. This is some powerful stuff!

Simple's Cleansing Facial Wipes are an absolute G-A-M-E  C-H-A-N-G-E-R! I always use a makeup wipe to remove my makeup before I was my face. These are gentle on my sensitive skin, and really so remove most of my makeup. I've even been able to remove stubborn waterproof mascara with these! Oh, how I love these wipes!

Of course, I'm a girl that loves to pamper herself from time to time. A good face mask can be life altering. I purchased the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask last month, and boy does this stuff feel good. Charcoal has become quite popular in acne control skincare over the past couple of years as it is meant to clear pores of gunk and dirt. This stuff actually does what it claims. My pores appear visibly smaller, and I can definitely see that they are cleared.

What products do you reach for?

2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to get my hands on that mask for ages now but can never seem to find it, it sounds soo good x

    Zoe Mountford x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely mask. Perfect for a good deep cleaning.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!