October 14, 2015

October 2015 Power Pose Birchbox Unboxing

I totally had a brain fart and forgot to post this on Monday. The holiday weekend really messed me up. Oops!

Ain't no party, like a Birchbox party! Anyone know what I am referencing? Bonus points if you can figure it out! It's Birchbox time, and I for one was beyond thrilled to see my little pink box land on my front doorstep. Birchbox teamed up with The Estée Lauder Companies this month for their Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign. There were two featured boxes this month to choose from, and I chose the Power Pose Box. I decided to not look at the contents, and mainly chose it because of it's awesome name. Who doesn't want to have a power pose?!

Keep reading to see what was included!

Power Pose Birchbox
Yay! A brand I haven't heard of. This is one of the reasons I love Birchbox. They always include brands that aren't as well known, which helps to introduce me to some incredible companies. Anyway, this stuff retails for $295, which is seriously expensive! I don't think I have ever tried a product that expensive before in my life! It's formulated for dry skin, so I will have to say this for later on in the year.

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Synchronized Complex II
I already love and respect this line, and know that their products work extremely well. I've been using anti-aging products for about a year now as a preventative measure, and I'm always game to try a new eye serum. This is supposed to reverse signs of aging and fatigue while you sleep. Anything that can do its job while I sleep is alright in my book.

I already know that I will like this. I'm currently using the blemish control version, and I have been loving it for quite some time. There is also a pore minimizer version that I have been meaning to try. The size of this sample is nice, and will be perfect to take with me on an overnight trip I will be going on soon.

It's been ages since I used a Clinique skincare product! I'm so glad to see that it was included in the box. This is my first moisturizer from the brand, and it sounds really interesting. The Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is meant to plump the skin using a lightweight formulation. I'm excited to give this a try on my next no-makeup day!

This might seem a bit strange, but I've actually never owned a Chubby Stick before. I've tested them out at the Clinique counter, but never got around to buying one. I received the shade Mega Melon, which is a pretty sheer peachy pink. The formulation of these appears to be fairly hydrating. This would be a nice thing to toss in my handbag for on-the-go touch ups.

Overall Thoughts
Products aside for a moment, I'm thrilled to see that Birchbox is raising awareness about breast cancer. It's a serious issue that affects women and even some men, and I'm glad to see that Birchbox is helping out. Now, the products that were included in the box were also awesome, and I love the variety they included. Clinique has always been a brand that I've trusted, and it is great that I am finally able to own a Chubby Stick. The Darphin cream is luxurious beyond words, and I am still a little bit shocked at the value. There is not a single thing that I am not excited to see. Great box!

Want to try out Birchbox for yourself? Feel free to use my referral code

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!