October 23, 2015

October 2015 Bonjour Jolie Unboxing

Hey ladies! Okay, we are about to get reeeeaaallll personal. I have never been shy when it comes to talking about my period. Every woman on the planet get/has gotten it, and it's nothing to be shy or embarrassed about. I've seen a few ladies discuss on their YouTube channels and blogs about companies that are doing monthly period subscription boxes. As a subscription junkie, I just couldn't resist. It's like Birchbox, but for your period!

I read about a few companies, but decided to give Bonjour Jolie a try. I liked that they had an option to test out a single box, and that they let their customers select either a variety of feminine products to include on their box or you can choose to have a whole box of a single product if you want. I'm always excited when companies allow their customers to get involved in the process. Each box also includes pampering items, a special gift, feminine hygiene items, pain reliever, food, and teas. Basically, everything you need when Mother Nature comes knocking (and you want her to go the heck away!)

Bonjour Jolie ships to the US, Canada, and there is even an option for international shipping (though it does cost a bit extra, understandably). You can either test out the box like I did and pay a 1 time flat rate, or subscribe for 3 or 6 months at a time. You can also pay monthly if you like as well. There is literally a plan for everyone! They also let you choose when your box is shipped, so it can be right on time when you need it!

Another reason that I chose to go with Bonjour Jolie is the fact that they have a special box for young ladies that are getting their period for the first time. I absolutely love this, and I wish they had something like this when I was younger. I might not have dreaded getting my period as much as a did if I thought I could get a fun box of things to make it a bit more bearable.

Keep reading to see what was included in my box!

Bonjour Jolie Unboxing

I chose the U by Kotex pads for this month's box. They threw in a couple extra U by Kotex panty liners, which was super nice of them. I always like when companies throw in something extra. There was a little satchel in the box that included Summer's Eve feminine wipes, Advil, and samples of Gilchrist & Soames Bee Kind lotion and shower gel. Everything you need to stay fresh during that time of the month.
Bonjour Jolie partnered with the makeup brand Tat2U this month. Everyone received a product from their line. I received the Tat2Lash Mascara. I can only wear waterproof mascara, so I won't be able to test this out myself. I'll have to make sure to pass it along to a friend.
Now, on to the food! The bag of treats was absolutely huge. I was very impressed. The entire bag was filled to the brim with little treats that will make having your period just a bit more bearable. I'll list everything that was inside below.
-(2) Russel Stover Chocolate Pumpkins
-(2) Das Foods Caramel Lollipops
-(1) Flipz Chocolate Covered Pretzels
-(4) Goetz Chocolate Creams
-(1) Rice Crispy Treat
-(1) Bauducco Chocolate Wafers
-(4) Bigelow Teas (Cranberry Apple, Salted Caramel, Apple Cider, Pumpkin Spice, Cinnamon Apple)


Overall Thoughts
Guys, I'm freaking in love! This box came right in the nick of time, and for only $25.75, it really is a great deal. The box was filled with everything I could possibly need, and even some more that I didn't know I needed. There was a nice variety of pampering items, food, tea, and beauty products. I also liked having my feminine products delivered to my house. It is nice to know that I won't have to make the frantic run the the grocery store for supplies this month. I definitely think this is a subscription service I will continue to use in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!