September 21, 2015

Influenster Kérastase THÉRAPISTE VoxBox: Unboxing

I'm a girl that likes the finer things in life. I am not ashamed to admit that I have a soft spot in my heart for luxury beauty products. Kérastase has been one of my favorite hair care lines for years now, I was beyond thrilled when Influenster contacted me to let me know that I was going to be receiving their new THÉRAPISTE line! I've used it for 2 weeks now, and I believe I may be in love.

The Kérastase THÉRAPISTE* shampoo and conditioner as formulated to treat extremely damaged and over-processed hair. I have been color treating and heat styling my hair for almost 10 years now, and unfortunately it has led to damage. Many of the shampoos and conditioners I have used that claim to aid damaged hair only work short term, but eventually stop working. Kérastase is a brand I have come to trust, so I was curious to see if this line would help to relieve any of the damage or general frizziness caused by all of the stuff I have done to my hair. Sorry hair, I know I haven't been the nicest to you.
This hair care system works a little bit differently than traditional shampoo and conditioner. The Reverse Care Conditioner* is applied first, and works to protect and treat damaged hair without weighing it down. It was so strange for me to condition before I shampooed. You only need a quarter sized amount, but I find that I like to add a bit more on the ends of my hair to give it some bonus moisture. Then, I followed it up with the Renewal Shampoo* that has a gel-like consistency and lathers like nothing I have seen before. I found that using the conditioner prior to the shampoo helped my hair to retain moisture, and gave my curls extra bounce that I haven't seen in ages. 

Another positive of this collection is the scent. It stays with you throughout the day, and I have received so many compliments from people about how nice it smells. I'm a sucker for a compliment, so this was definitely a bonus.

This might be a bit bold of me to say, but I think I may have found my holy grail shampoo and conditioner set. My hair has never felt so healthy, and I adore the affect it has on my curls. It is a bit pricey at $20.50 a piece, but I think it's worth it. There are just some products that are worth the splurge. I saw on the website that there is a masque in the collection as well, and I can't wait to get my hands on it!



*Products courtesy of Influenster for review purposes. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!