August 29, 2015

What I'm Loving: August 2015

Hi my loves! August is over, and I for one am thrilled to see it go. I recently graduated college with teaching certifications, and boy has it been difficult for me to find a permanent job in my area. Let's just say, I was a ball of stress all month. On a happier note, I am now officially a teacher at a school that I love. I could not be more thrilled, and I want to thank everyone that has sent me positive messages and words of encouragement since I graduated. I cannot tell you how much your kind words motivated me.

On another positive note, I went on a fabulous vacation to Maine this month, and it was exactly the relaxing time I needed. There is something about being close to the ocean that does wonders for my soul. I've been pretty minimalist with my beauty routine this month, but I am excite to announce that I found a new favorite mascara that is literally amazing. Also, a certain show that I am obsessed with *cough, cough, PLL*, and I found a yummy new treat!
Beauty
COVERGIRL The Super Sizer Mascara (Waterproof)
Is it possible to be in love with a mascara? I think I may have found my new favorite mascara, period. The Super Sizer mascara from COVERGIRL has a unique wand that grabs each lash, and gives a mega dose of volume and curl. I've had people ask if I'm wearing falsies when I wear this, and as a beauty lover, that is the ultimate compliment!

Davines MINU Shampoo
I went to Maine this past month, and after each trip to the beach I would use the MINU shampoo from Davines to get the salt out of my hair. I was shocked at how soft this made my hair feel on its own without a conditioner. I've been rationing my sample that I got from Birchbox, but I already know that I will need the full size in order to keep my hair feeling amazing.

Television
The season finale of Pretty Little Liars was this month, and we finally got to find out who A is. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but I will say that I actually joked about what actually happened early on in the season with my sister. Just call me a psychic! I wasn't too thrilled with how everything played out, and I think that there are still so many questions that didn't get answered. It also seemed a bit rushed, and anti-climactic. Let's hope the next season, which jumps 5 years in the future, will be as exciting as early PLL was!

Music
I won't lie, August has been an emotional roller coaster for me. Struggling to find a teaching position really had me in a funk this month, and The Script's song Hall of Fame became my anthem to keep me going and to remain positive. This is the song that I had on repeat during college to keep me focused, and it still gives me chills and motivates me.

Food Favorite
I'm a caffeine addict. There, I admitted it! Back towards the beginning of the month I received a voucher in the mail from PINCHme for a free single serving sized Gevalia Iced Coffee with Almond Milk. I picked up the Mocha version, and HOLY MOLY was it good! This has the perfect amount of sweetness without being so sweet that you think you just ate a bag of sugar. It is the perfect treat over ice on a hot day.

How was your August? What was your favorite part?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!