August 26, 2015

Review: The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Skin Clearing Face Wash

I'm not going to lie to you, acne sucks. I've never had terrible acne, but I do tend to get hormonal acne breakouts occasionally. Sometimes I need to bring in the big guns, and when I do I reach for The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil Skin Clearing Face Wash. Tea tree oil has always been my go-to, and I've found that skincare that includes it really helps to clear up breakouts. 

I hadn't used a cleanser from The Body Shop before this, so I figured I would test out the travel size over vacation. I was breaking out pretty badly, and just had a good feeling about it when I was shopping at Ulta. Also, I've yet to have a bad experience with The Body Shop, so I had a good feeling that this would work.

The gel-based cleanser is meant to remove impurities and excess oil, while the tea tree oil helps to fight breakouts without being overly drying or harsh. I find that gel-based cleansers work best with my oily skin, and don't strip away too much of my natural oils. This foams really well, and all I need is a quarter size each night to wash my face. This little sample has been used every day for almost 3 weeks, and there is still a teeny tiny bit left *thank god!*. The cleanser does have a strong tea tree oil scent, so that is definitely something to keep in mind if you tend to not like it.

Over my 3 weeks of use I have noticed my skin clear up almost completely, and have definitely noticed that my skin seems softer. I'm thrilled with the results, and think I may have found my new favorite face wash. Typically, acne washes dry my skin out and still leave behind some acne, but The Body Shop one takes care of business, and leaves behind beautiful and clear skin. What else could a girl ask for?

The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil Skin Clearing Face Wash comes in 3 sizes, and retails for between $10-$18.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!