August 8, 2015

Follow Me Around: Maine

It is a bittersweet time for me. Of course, I'm glad to be back to my little spot on the internet, but I am already wishing I was back on vacation. I spent the last week in Maine with my family, and it was complete and utter bliss. Maine has always been a favorite place of ours for years, but it had been quite some time since we stayed for longer than a day. We were able to find a cute little cabin located near the beach, and I quickly fell back in love with the area. 



On our first day, we immediately ran to the beach. I didn't even take the time to set up an area to sit before I jumped into the water, and let the waves roll over me. It felt so surreal to be back to the place where I spent many summers of my childhood.


That night, and every night after, we would go to another beach in the area to look for seashells. I've always been a collector of things that will hold sentimental value, and seashells seemed like the perfect way to remember this trip. I had an incredible time walking the beach with my sister, trying to beat each other to a shell, and laughing when one of us fell in a soft spot in the sand.


During our trip we also visited the Nubble Lighthouse, which I am convinced is one of the most beautiful spots in the world. It might not have been the smartest decision on my behalf to wear flip flops to climb the rocks, but live and learn, right? I visited the Nubble Lighthouse earlier in the summer, but it was incredibly foggy. The weather gods were on our side when we went this time, and it was stunning. My sister snuck a photo of me trying to get artistic with my photography. I just had to include it!




We also decided to visit a new place, Fort McClary in Kittery Point. I've always been a fan of history, and it was fascinating to see just how many wars the fort had seen. We also found a set of stairs that lead to a dark tunnel. All of us were too scared to actually go down it, but it looked pretty cool. The fort had an incredible view as well!
It seemed only fitting to spend the last night of our trip at the beach. It was so nice to be there when the crowds had thinned out considerably, and when everything seemed so peaceful. There was even a large group of kids there learning how to surfer. It was so cute to see them all in their wet suits, riding boards that were twice their size.

Maine will always have a special place in my heart, and I am already counting down the months until I can visit again. 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful looking place 😍 the weather looks gorgeous too! Family holidays are the best 💙 looks like you had a great time!
    Emma
    Peacelovevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful looking place 😍 the weather looks gorgeous too! Family holidays are the best 💙 looks like you had a great time!
    Emma
    Peacelovevintage.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!