August 14, 2015

August 2015 Love With Food Tasting Box Unboxing + First Impressions

Hello my loves! I hope you all are having an awesome day. I've been busy lately decluttering my room, and trying to not worry about the whole lack of a job situation. Being straight out of college stinks. Anyway, my recent trip to Maine really helped to brighten my mood, and give me some much needed relaxation time.

On a much lighter note, I am beyond excited to share my latest discovery with all of you. I might even say that this is my new favorite thing, and that thing is food subscription services. I'm a massive foodie, and I love wandering the aisles of grocery stores and farmer's markets to see what interesting foods I can find and try. I saw that there were quite a few ladies on YouTube that were subscribed to Love with Food, a snack subscription service with a conscience. They are determined to help end childhood hunger in the United States, and donate a meal to a food bank for every box purchased. How cool is that?! As someone who has spent a lot of time working with children, I can tell you from firsthand experience how devastating it is to watch a child struggle with hunger, and see how that hunger effects their ability to learn, as well as their quality of life. I am thrilled that this company is doing something about it.
On top of all of that, Love with Food sends healthy snacks that are either organic, all-natural, GMO-free, gluten-free, or don't contain artificial junk. I have been trying to eat healthier over the past few months, so this is music to my ears. Like, sweet, delicious, and yummy music. Is that even a thing? Well, it is now! I also like that Love with Food has a shop on their website where you can buy more of the snacks that they include. I can already see myself spending way too much money on snacks, but NO REGRETS, right?
The theme for the August box is Road Trip! I love this theme, and I totally would have loved to include some fun snacks on my last road trio from earlier this month. I tend to gravitate towards snacks that are portable and travel well.

Keep reading to see what I received!


August 2015 Love With Food Box

Enlightened Garlic & Onion Roasted Broadbeans
These are incredible! My dad is a huge fan of bean chips, so I decided to do a taste test with him. We both absolutely loved these! The garlic and onion seasoning is super flavorful, and the bean flavor wasn't too overpowering. They were such a hit, and I'm already looking to see where i can buy them in my area.

479 Degrees Asiago, Parmesan, and Cheddar Popcorn
I used to eat cheese popcorn all the time when I was little, and this takes me back. I haven't tried this yet, but it looks so freaking good. It's awesome that it is made with whole grains and has no trans fats. Definitely healthier than the old cheese popcorn I used to eat.

La Panzanella Rosemary Croccantini
Confession, I'm not the biggest fan of rosemary. I'm going to give these try though, and I"m hopeful that I will be surprised. Fingers crossed!

Go Organics Apple Hard Candies
I saw these in the box, and I could not stop myself from trying one. Apple is one of my favorite flavors, and this hard candy is seriously delicious! It tastes like an actual apple instead of an artificial one. I always like to keep a few hard candies on me in my handbag in case I get hungry when I'm out running errands and need something quick that will satisfy my sweet tooth. Yes, I know that I sound like an old lady that smuggles hard candies in their purse, but I rock that granny vibe!

Stash Lemon Rooibos Iced Tea Powder
These small iced tea powders are so handy! I am an iced tea lover, and was thrilled to see that they included this. I've never drank rooibos tea before, but apparently it comes from South Africa. I'm very excited to give this a try.

Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
There is something about funky flavored peanut butter that calls to me. I'm always stopping in that aisle of the grocery store to see what varieties they are coming out with. I'm not a coconut fan, but I do like chocolate. I'm going to give this a try on toast or maybe with apples. Side note, how stinking cute is the packaging?! That little squirrel is so adorable!

KIND Popped Salted Caramel Healthy Grains Granola Bar
I was obsessed with KIND bars when I was in college in Boston. I used to pick them up all the time in between class as a quick snack. I've never tried this variety before, but it looks super yummy. The large size also guarantees that it will be filling.

Apricot & Almond Fruity Pie
This little pie is so cute! I've always loved apricots and almonds, so I'm sure I'll like this. It would be the perfect little dessert to pack for myself for lunch!

Overall Thoughts
I am going to be one well fed girl. I'm not going to lie and say that these snacks will last me all month, because I don't even think they will last until the end of the week. Everything that was included were things I would have picked out for myself if I saw them in the grocery store. I sat my family in the living room so that we could try everything together, and this box is an absolute hit with them. I might even need to hide a few snacks for myself from them, hehe! My favorites are the apple hard candies and cheese popcorn. So yummy! I can't wait for next month's box!


Want to try Love with Food for yourself? Receive 40% off your first box by clicking here!

3 comments:

  1. Those roasted broad beans sound crazy delicious. I used to buy something similar from a small deli when I lived in another town... droooool

    ReplyDelete
  2. This subscription box looks quite fab! I love road trips, and all the snacks in there seems to be perfect to take along! I LOVE cheddar popcorn and am lucky to still be snacking on those nowadays because my 3 year old loves them too, lol! That's so sweet of you to have your family join in on the snack tasting fun! Glad that everything was a hit! Thanks so much for sharing Meaghan! xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!