August 10, 2015

August 2015 Birchbox x Candidly Nicole: Unboxing

You guys, this month's Birchbox unboxing is going to make me sound like a crazed fangirl, but I don't care one bit. I have a massive girl crush on Nicole Richie, and I was beyond thrilled to hear that she would be collabing with Birchbox to create her own curated box. I didn't even have to see what came in the box before I was sold. I've been a fan of her clothing line, House of Harlow 1960, for awhile now, and absolutely love her show Candidly Nicole. Girl is hilarious! Her style is on point all the time, and her sarcastic personality is something I can certainly relate to. Okay, girl crush time over. Let's get back to the box.
I love the designs that Birchbox has started to include. They feel so much more luxurious than the plain cardboard boxes. This month's box has a floral pattern that is right up my alley.

This month's box is so fun, and included Mad Lib about the new season of Candidly Nicole. I just about died when I saw it. I loved doing these when I was younger. Definitely sitting down with my sister later to do this. The box also had a message from Nicole where she explains the theme of the box, busy boss lady staples, and how she wanted to include products that would fit into her busy schedule.

Keep reading to see what came in my Birchbox x Candidly Nicole box!



August 2015 Birchbox x Candidly Nicole Box
I have used this exfoliator before, and love it. The ultra fine particles are gentle enough for my sensitive skin, but strong enough to smooth out any dry or rough patches on my face. This tiny tube is a bit small for my liking, but that's probably only because I'm greedy.

I love when products have multiple functions. This is the first product I have been able to try from LAQA & Co., and I am beyond excited that is was this gorgeous blush pink cheek and lip tint. I have seen so many other bloggers receive LAQA & Co. products in their Birchboxes, so this is definitely something I will have fun playing with. The name of the shade I received, Humble Brag, is hilarious, and the color is so pretty.

This heat protecting and anti-frizz fluid contains avocado oil, alkekenge extracts, and a blend of bergamot, ginger, vanilla, and musk to smooth hair and shield it from heat damage. I've used similar products in the past, but never anything from this brand. It smells incredible and the reviews online have been mostly positive, so I have high hopes for it.

Now, as a lifelong pale girl, I was a bit thrown as to how I would use this tanning lotion. I've come to love my pale skin, but I think there is something to be said about the glow that a nice tan can give my skin. Of course, I want to do this the smart way with a fake tanner instead of laying out and exposing myself to the sun's damaging rays. The formula is meant to be applied in the shower and rinsed off, which will make the whole process a whole lot easier. Fingers crossed!

It's no secret that I love a good red polish. Once fall arrives I almost exclusively wear either black or red polish. It just feels so chic and pulled together. This shade of red is stunning, and you obviously can't go wrong with OPI. 

Overall Thoughts
Was there any doubt that this box wouldn't be fabulous? This totally fits into the 'busy boss lady' theme that Nicole described, and I love how all of the products are about pampering yourself in a small amount of time. My favorites would have to be the OPI polish and LAQA & Co. cheek and lip tint. I'm really drawn to both shades, and would have picked them out myself. This might actually be my favorite Birchbox to date. I actually was so thrilled with this box that I treated myself to another 3 month subscription. Can't wait to see what they will include next month!

Sign Up For Birchbox!
Looking to subscribe to Birchbox? Feel free to use my referral link by clicking here!


What did you think of this month's box?

3 comments:

  1. Wow this looks so beautiful and that OPI polish looks dreamy 😍 great post!
    Emma
    X
    Peacelovevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing it now, and it is stunning! Xx

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks so beautiful and that OPI polish looks dreamy 😍 great post!
    Emma
    X
    Peacelovevintage.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!