July 31, 2015

What I'm Loving: July 2015

Hello my loves! Today's post is all about the things I have been loving this past month. I always love July. It's a time where I can really unplug, get out of my head, and just have some fun. This month alone I was able to visit 2 museums, see Hillary Clinton speak (and get a selfie with her!), kick my workout plan to a whole new level, and spend some time wandering around the New England seacoast.

Keep reading to see my top picks!

Beauty
ColourPop SuperShock Eyeshadow in Truth
I have finally seen the light, and tried ColourPop this month. The absolute star of my order has to be the SuperShock Eyeshadow in the shade Truth. It is a nude beige shade that has a slight sheen. This has been my go-to shade every time I do my makeup. I love how this makes my eyes pop, and how effortless it appears. I can apply this with a Real Techniques brush or with my finger when I want it to not appear super neat. This would be the perfect shadow to pair with a bold lip.

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint (Porcelain)
I have been opting for a tinted moisturizer the past few months, and this has been my favorite. It is very buildable while still feeling light. My skin always remains matte, and I even wore it through an intense workout where it rained and it did not budge at all! This also has an SPF of 15 which is always a bonus. I use the shade Porcelain for most of the year, but have had to switch to Linen now that I have more of a tan.

TV
The BBC (PBS in the US) series Poldark has been my favorite series over the past month. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the main character Poldark is played by the absolute babe Aidan Turner. Ladies, do yourself a favor and look this man up! Now, the plot of the show is also fabulous. It's a period drama set in late 18th century England, and revolves around the title character, Ross Poldark, coming home from the Revolutionary War. It also discusses his eagerness to reopen his families tin mines, and there is even a love story thrown in there that is very fun to watch. If you like the other period dramas on PBS than you will love this.

Music
You have probably heard Omi's song Cheerleader on the radio a thousand times by now. I don't know what it is about this song, but I am obsessed. I have had this song on repeat all month, and have annoyed everyone in my family by singing it an obscene amount of times. This is the perfect summer song!

Moment

This month I got my museum fix, and was able to visit my favorite place, the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. The MFA has an incredible collection of artifacts and art from all over the world. Their Egyptian exhibit is absolutely breathtaking, and I could spend hours staring at the sarcophaguses, statues, and reliefs. If you are ever in Boston you need to check it out. There are currently featured exhibits of Nubian jewelry and another of Olmec masks that are must-sees!


What was your favorite part of July?

2 comments:

  1. I neeeeed to try ColourPop! I feel like the only person on the planet to not bite the bullet yet. Think I'll have to add it to my Christmas list! And yes- I'm not tired of Cheerleader yet either! ;)

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will LOVE it! Their eyeshadows are incredible!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!