July 15, 2015

July 2015 Birchbox Review

It's Birchbox time, people! Isn't is always exciting to receive beauty subscription boxes? I always love spoiling myself with boxes each month. It's like a little surprise each month, and who doesn't love a good surprise?! I was especially excited to receive this month's Birchbox when I found out that they were including a Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in each box.
The theme this month was Go Bold, and the box design certainly fit the theme. I have been saving the boxes that have gorgeous designs, and using them for makeup storage. This will look incredible on my vanity!

Keep reading to see what was inside my box!

July 2015 Birchbox
Birchbox is kicking me out of my comfort zone for sure this month. This pink is seriously bright! I've never tried a Stila liquid lipstick before, but I've heard some pretty good reviews about them. I'm even thinking that I might do a tutorial post featuring this to push myself out of my shell...I was able to pick which shade I received, and I was drawn to this gorgeous pink color.

Supergoop! Anti-Aging City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30
I am ultra pale, and I always have to make sure that I am protecting my skin with some form of sunscreen. This seems pretty light, and would be the perfect thing to wear under my makeup on a daily basis or on its own. I also like that it is paraben and fragrance-free.

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint
I actually own the full size of this, so it will be nice to have a mini for when I go on vacation next month. Ifeyou have oily skin then you need to check this out. It keeps my skin matte, and the coverage is light to medium while still being buildable.

Davines MINU Shampoo
Yay! A brand I haven't heard of! I love when subscription boxes include products from lesser-known brands. This adorable little shampoo is meant to protect color-treated hair, which I have. I always have to make sure that my hair products won't strip my color, so I am interested to see how this works out. I also have to say that the citrus scent of the shampoo is fresh and perfect for the summertime.

Davines MINU Conditioner and Hair Serum (Foil Packets)
Normally, I cannot stand foil packets. However, I don't mind the inclusion of the conditioner and hair serum from the same line as the shampoo. I'll be interested to see how all of the products in the line work together.

Cartier Baiser Vole Eau de Parfum Spray
I know most people hate perfume samples, but I adore them. Give me all the perfume samples!!!!! I haven't tried anything from Cartier before, and to be honest, I had no clue Cartier even made fragrances. The description for this fragrance is Parisian/effortlessly chic, and I am all about that life. This is definitely a feminine floral scent, and I love how light it is.

Here is a quick swatch of the Stila liquid lipstick for anyone that is curious.

Overall Thoughts
I am extremely pleased with my box this month. I actually think this might be my best Birchbox is quite awhile. My box was overflowing with samples from skincare, hair, makeup, and fragrance. Everything was covered this month! To be honest, there wasn't one product in this box that I was disappointed with. My favorites are the Stila liquid lipstick and the Davines hair line. I'm not quite sure how the products fit into the theme of going bold, with the exception of the liquid lipstick. Other than that, this box was perfect!

I've heard rumors that next months collab box is going to be incredible, so it goes without saying that I am freaking excited!

Sign Up For Birchbox!
Looking to subscribe to Birchbox? Feel free to use my referral link by clicking here!



What did you think of this month's box?


2 comments:

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!