April 3, 2015

Self-Conscious

Source
I've recently been dealing with a lack of self-confidence. Even when I receive a compliment from someone I just can't help but not believe them. I'm a believer in faking it until you make it, but I've also come to realize that this only puts a band-aid on the issue. Being a plus size woman has never been easy. It took me until I entered my twenties to start feeling okay with my body, and to realize that I am worthy of living a fulfilling and happy life. Blogging has come to be my happy place where I feel like I can express myself, and develop my confidence. Since I started blogging, my confidence has shot through the roof, and I have been more willing to put myself out there. Hopefully this period of feeling self-conscious will pass, and I will be back to my old self.

Anyone else going/been through this?

2 comments:

  1. I think most of us deal with a lack of confidence at one point or another, regardless of body type. The thing is, when someone gives you a compliment there's rarely an ulterior motive. The fact that someone has gone out of their way to say something nice about you (instead of just remaining silent) speaks volumes! I go through periods where I feel more down about myself than usual, but it always passes. Focusing on your blog (or other productive tasks) is a great way to get through it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. I've had to stop myself from thinking the worst in people, and accept that there are actually great people in this world. Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!