April 29, 2015

Lip Products for Spring

Hello my loves! Spring is officially here, and I for one am thrilled to see the snow leave. It's time to put away though dark lip colors, and welcome back the pinks and brights. I'm a huge fan of low maintenance lip products that give just the right amount of color to make an impact. Now, I'm not one to go crazy with color, but I do love a good pop of something every now and then.
My favorite way to include color is with a lip stain. My favorite of the moment is the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Stained Gloss in the shade Jealous. It is a gorgeous orange toned red that can be applied with a heavy hand for a more intense look, or applied lightly for just a hint of color. Be warned though, this stuff is seriously pigmented and has a tendency to stick around for awhile. I have also like the NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in the shade Taffy. This mauve-y pink is seriously gorgeous, and the ultra hydrating formula makes it feel like a balm. My last fave is the Collection Cream Puff Moisturizing Lip Cream* in the shade Cotton Candy. This matte lip cream is ultra opaque, and is such a lovely soft shade of pink. 
L-R: Cotton Candy, Jealous, Taffy
Each of these shades would make the perfect statement lip in spring. I have already been rocking Jealous, and received so many compliments on it. 

What lippies are you excited to rock this spring? Let me know in a comment below! I'm always looking for new ones to try.

*Gift.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for pretty pink! I've actually been reaching more for orangey/coral shades this season, but I know they're not for everybody.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!