March 18, 2015

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge: First Impressions

I don't think there is a blogger who hasn't fallen completely in love with the Real Techniques brand. I first started using their brushes around 2 years ago, and my collection has only grown since then. The quality truly can't be beat. The bristles are soft and I have yet to experience any fallout. 

It wasn't until recently that I decided to purchase their Miracle Complexion Sponge. This little orange wonder is said to be a dupe for the ever popular Beauty Blender. Both are supposed to help buff makeup into the skin leaving a natural finish. 


Now, let's get to the review. The shape of the sponge is most interesting aspect of it. It has a flat side that will help to blend product around the eyes and nose, and another that comes to a point to help cover up blemishes and small imperfections. The rounded edges are meant to help blend out larger areas around the face. I like that this sponge can be used as a multi-purpose tool to target different areas around the face.

The sponge is made of a durable and dense material that absorbs just the right amount of makeup when damp. I use a stippling motion when applying my foundation, and find that this is the best way to achieve a natural end result. I found myself gravitating towards the flat side of the sponge when blending and think it worked well around my eye area. I also prefer to use the pointed edge around my nose, but found that it did do a good job of covering up my blemishes which have been plaguing me recently.

This is slightly more difficult to clean than my white Beauty Blender since it can be difficult to see if all of the makeup has been washed out due to the orange color. This isn't a huge deal breaker for me though.

Overall, I really like this sponge and the results it gives me when I blend my foundation. I even think I might prefer this to the Beauty Blender. I mean, it costs a fraction of the price and works just as well. That's a winner in my book.

4 comments:

  1. I had this foundation sponge last year and I liked it but I prefer my beauty blender x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Beauty Blender for all over application, and the Real Techniques for blending in concealer.

      Delete
  2. The fact that this is so hard to clean kills me. The price is awesome, but it got harder to use the more I washed it. I prefer the beauty blender, but I'm glad it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Good to know. I've only used it for a little while and only washed it twice.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!