February 13, 2015

Galentine's Day Ideas!

If you are one of those people who love Valentine's Day, and think it is super romantic I will warn you to stop reading now. No, really, you will not like what I have to say next...

I don't like Valentine's Day. There, I said it! I simply do not see the point. Yes, I know I sound like a bitter single girl, but honestly, I've always felt the "holiday" was a bit ridiculous. Why only show people you care about them on one day? Shouldn't that be a year-round thing?

Anyway, in recent years I have left behind Valentine's Day and instead adopted Galentine's Day. Here's looking at you Leslie Knope. Anyone get the reference? What is Galentine's Day, you might ask? Well, it is a day where we show appreciation for the awesome women in our lives and focus on friendship. Girl power, anyone? In order to get you and myself in the Galentine's Day spirit, I thought I would come up with a list of activities that you and your girlfriends could do to celebrate this truly glorious day.

Source
Galentine's Day Ideas
Girl's Night In
Sometimes, it is too exhausting to put on real pants. So, throw on your fave sweatpants, invite a few girlfriends over, order a ton of pizza, and binge watch the latest season of the trashiest reality show that Bravo has to offer. This is one of my personal favorite ideas, and I plan on doing just this on the 14th.

Fancy Dinner
For those of you who want to get dressed up, I get it, why not organize a fancy dinner at a local restaurant for you and your friends. It will give you an excuse to go all out on the hair, makeup, and clothes, and who doesn't like getting dressed up every now and then. Bonus, you are bound to have more fun with your friends than most of the people there on dates, haha!

Movie Night
Another night out option is a movie. There are a few cute kids movies out, and even that JLO movie if you want a little bit of suspense. If you are feeling VERY adventurous, and don't mind the scandalous plot, you could go see the 50 Shades of Grey movie. I think I'll just stick with the kids movies though...

Girl's Weekend
Since Galentine's Day falls on a Saturday this year, think about taking a girls weekend somewhere. There is no better way to feel pampered than by staying in a swanky hotel, going to the spa, and eating delicious food.


What are your Galentine's Day plans?


1 comment:

  1. Ahh this is awesome!
    Its so important to show everyone how much they mean to you, especially your friends who are there through thick and thin!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!