February 4, 2015

Beauty Swap With Peace.Love.Vintage!

Hello my loves! I am beyond excited to share today's post with all of you. If you follow me on Instagram you will have already heard me talk about this, but I just had to share it here. I recently did my first beauty swap, and to say that it was an incredible experience is an understatement. 

I was contacted by Emma of the blog Peace.Love.Vintage back in December to see if I would be interested in doing a UK-US beauty swap. Heck yeah, I was interested! I have been reading Emma's blog for quite some time now, and I love how fun and positive she is. If you aren't already following her, you seriously need to! Her writing is superb, and she always makes it feel like you are just talking to a friend. She said in her unboxing post that she feels that we have similar personalities, and I could not agree more.

For the swap, we set a limit of £20 spend, which comes out to around $30 US. We each had a wish list item, and kept the rest a secret. It was so hard for me to keep what I got her a secret. Anyone who knows me, knows that keeping secrets that are fun are not my thing. I just want to share all of the excitement with everyone, haha! Now, let's get onto the fun part of the past so you can see the awesome prezzies Emma sent me! Side note, the sun kept hiding behind the clouds so excuse the change in lighting towards the end. Stinking sun. Does it not realize that I have blog photos to take?!
The first thing I noticed was the sweet letter that Emma had included. She explained each product she included, and even put adorable little stickers of donuts. This girls gets me.

The first thing I noticed were the English candies that she had included. I have a serious sweet tooth, and the Fizzers were so yummy. My mom and sister immediately called dibs on the lollipops, and they both gave them very positive reviews. Unfortunately, there are none left to take pictures of...They were simply that good!
I adore face masks, so it was perfect that Emma included this Chocolate Orange Self-Heating Mask by Superdrug. Not only does this sound delicious and decadent, but the self-heating feature makes it perfect for pampering. I currently have a cold, so I'm saving this for when I feel better and can really enjoy it.
Emma also included some fun Collection products. My wish list item was the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, and Emma was an absolute doll and included it. It seems like every beauty blogger in the UK raves about this, and I just had to try it for myself. She also gave me the Collection Cream Puff Moisturizing Lip Cream in the shade Cotton Candy, a beautiful pink. The last Collection product is the Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner in the shade Rock Chick. This is such a fun liner that I can't wait to rock on a night out!
Another product that I was thrilled to  see included was a Sleek Blush! This is another brand that seems to be raved about in the UK that I have been lusting after. I received the shade Rose Gold that is the most gorgeous pink with a golden shimmer. Stunning!
I'm an eyeshadow girl, and I squealed with joy when I pulled this MUA Romantic Efflorescence Eyeshadow Palette out of the box. All of the shadows are incredibly pigmented with the stand out being Fiery. 
The last thing that Emma included shows just how generous and kind she is. Awhile back, she posted an unboxing of a Birchbox she had received and there was an adorable coin purse included that I had commented about liking. Well, being the sweetheart she is, she gave it to me. I was in absolute shock to see it in there, and honestly cannot thank her enough for being so generous.

I thoroughly enjoyed this experience, and I am so happy to have gained a friend in the process. Emma, you truly are a generous and kind person. 

If you would like to see what I got Emma, feel free to go check out her post here.

7 comments:

  1. Meaghan! So pleased you liked everything & you have to teach me how to take pictures for my blog - yours are immaculate!
    Thank you so much for all the kind things you said, it is so touching and I really feel like I have made a great friendship through this swap!
    Glad you liked the donut stickers too, they are so cute huh?! Hehe!
    Thank you so much again, doll!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, what a lovely swap! I'm jealous of the chocolate orange mask. Of course I'd probably want to eat it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a sweet swap! I've always wanted to do one before. They look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was an awesome experience! Xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a cool idea!

    www.kelsabelle.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!