January 5, 2015

Vampy Lips for Winter

Hello my loves! I hope all of you have had a fantastic week so far. Today I thought I would share with all of you my favorite vampy lip colors of the moment. Vampy lips can be perfect this time of year to add a bit of edge drama to a look. I decided to include 2 high-end choices along with a drugstore option for my frugal beauties.
If you are looking for high-end pigmentation without spending your entire paycheck I  suggest you check out Milani's Color Statement lipstick line. Sangria is a deep berry shade that would flatter any skin tone. While this isn't entirely opaque it does provide a punch of highly pigmented color. If you are a fan of MAC's Rebel you will love this.

Black Dahlia is not for the faint of heart! It is described as a blackest blackened red, and I have to agree. This shade is opaque and once it sets does not budge. I would recommend this to someone who is already comfortable with rocking a vampy lip.

This is the newest addition to my collection, and I love it. Bordeaux is a dark plum that I find so flattering with my fair skin. It is a lacquer/stain hybrid that has a glossy finish, and even helps to moisturize lips. I find this the least intimidating shade to wear of the 3, and love applying this in a thin coat for days when I want to stand out a bit.


*Sent for review

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! Black Dahlia is intriguing but I don't think I could get myself to wear it! Even this morning, I wiped off a vampy purple and opted for a peachy red instead!

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm not really a vampy lip wearer, but from time to time I like to experiment. Black Dahlia is certainly not for the faint of heart. Xx

      Delete
  2. I have yet to try any of the Milani Color Statement lippies, but I hear they're amazing! I love rocking a vampy lip, so I'll definitely have to check out Sangria! xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!