January 30, 2015

NYX Lip Products Haul!

My boyfriend, the FedEx man, stopped by my house last weekend and finally delivered my NYX order that I had been waiting on. Everywhere around me that sells NYX has been sold out of most of their lip products so I knew it was time to bite the bullet and place an online order.
I've seen so many reviews recently for the Butter Lip Balms. I'm a lip balm girl, and typically use a tinted lip balm instead of lipstick. The first shade I chose was Ladyfingers, a mauve-y pink. This will be the perfect color for me whenever I want to add a hint of color that is low maintenance. The other shade I chose to try was Panna Cotta, which is described as a pink with blue undertones. There is a slight neutral tone to this which I really like. Of the two shades, I think I will get the most use out of Panna Cotta since it is a more natural shade. I have tested both of these, and they each are moisturizing and give a nice sheer wash of color.

I also chose to pick up two of the Butter Lipsticks. I've seen mixed reviews on these, but decided to check them out for myself. The first shade I selected is Fizzies, a rosy pink. Rosy lippies are my absolute favorite, and I think they are the most flattering with my skin tone. The other shade I chose was Taffy, a pink mauve. I'm always draw to shades like this. Now, I haven't tested these out yet so I can't say yet whether they are moisturizing or not, or how long they wear. I did swatch both, and they seem to be nicely pigmented and creamy. 
I was happy to see that I received a little freebie from NYX included with my order. I received the Slim Lip Pencil in the shade Earth Tone, which is mauve brown. Boy, this post has a lot of mauve in it! Haha! To be honest, I don't think I will get much use out of this shade since it isn't really a color I would reach for, but it was extremely generous of NYX to include it.


6 comments:

  1. NYX lip products are my absolute favorite! I'm a huge fan of their lip liners. My goal is to own one of every color they make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first introduction to them, and I was impressed with the quality. I'll have to try out some different shades.

      Delete
  2. I've never tried anything from NYX, but these lip balms look good. Any idea if they sell them in the UK? X

    Carly's Beauty World - UK Hair, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe that they have a UK site that you can order from. I highly recommend the lip balms. Very moisturizing with just a hint of color. Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!