January 23, 2015

Birchbox Welcome Box (January 2015): Review

I am so excited to share this post with all of you. It has been almost 2 years since I received my last Birchbox, and I figured it was about time I give them a try again. Now, I didn't want to fully commit yet so I decided on a 3 month subscription. I figured this would be the perfect amount of time to figure out whether I want to continue. The first month for gift subscriptions is a welcome box. I decided to choose the trends option since it sounded a bit more exciting than the customer favorites one. Let's jump right in and see what I received!
Birchbox Welcome Box
Coola Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face (Sample Size)
I was a little hesitant when I saw that this was tinted. I am super pale right now, and it is rare that a tinted product will match me, but I was pleased to find that this did when I swatched it. I'm always looking for matte products because of my oily skin, and this will work nicely.

Harvey Prince Ageless-Pink Grapefruit Perfume (Sample Size)
Pink grapefruit is one of my favorite spring/summer scents,, and this perfume sample brings me right back. I know that some people don't like receiving fragrance samples, but I don't mind. I usually throw them in my makeup bag in my purse and use them when I'm out and about.

Lord & Berry Paillettes Glitter Eye Pencil in Black (Sample Size)

Who doesn't love glitter?! I will definitely get some use out of this whenever I want to go out with friends at night and play up my eyes. Heck, I might just wear it going grocery shopping!

Number 4 Hair Super Comb Prep & Protect (Sample Size)
I have the world's most tangled hair unless I use a conditioning product. I love conditioning sprays that can help soften my tangles, and this also helps protect colored hair which is a bonus. I don't want anything coming between me and my red hair.

Whish Shave Cream-Acai Grapefruit (Sample Size)
A shave cream is something I can always use. I gave this a sniff, and it smells fruity and fresh. This feels like a more chic version of Skintimate.

Overall Thoughts
I'm very happy with my first box. I haven't tried any of the products that were includes, and I'm very happy about that. I'm always dying to find new products, and love when a subscription box can introduce me to a new brand.


If you would like to join Birchbox feel free to use my referral link here.

4 comments:

  1. I received one of those Lord and Berry mini pencils before in one of my subscription boxes and I liked it a lot. Had never heard of that brand before. Hope u enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Hope you enjoy your subscription. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your reviews every month were what made me resubscribe! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!