January 2, 2015

2014 Beauty and Lifestyle Favorites!

2014 is officially over. You all know what that means. It's time for a roundup of my favorite things from 2014! I have so much fun writing these types of posts each month. It's nice to be able to look back and see exactly what I enjoyed throughout the previous months. Let's hope 2015 is an even better year!
Beauty
Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eyeshadow Collection
If I had to proclaim what my favorite beauty product of 2014 was it would be this. I am all about a neutral eye, and this little beauty delivered. It has a nice variety of matte and shimmer shades that create so many different looks. I love wearing Silk Teddy all over the lid and Nudie through my crease for an easy everyday look.

Anastasia Brow Wiz
This was the year of the brows. I have gone through a few of these brow pencils, and I have yet to find anything that gives me such great results. I have fairly sparse brows so a pencil that is precise is vital.

Fashion
I know that this is a more recent purchase, but I am head over heels for my new handbag that I picked up at Target this month. It is the Merona Tote Handbag with Turnlock, and I picked up the brown version which doesn't appear to be available online anymore, but I was able to find it in store still. I cannot tell you how long I have been hunting for the perfect handbag to replace my previous one whose straps are holding together by threads. My new bag is spacious, fits all of my things, and is pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.

TV
My favorite television show this year is The Mindy Project. I know, I'm so late to jump on this bandwagon, but at least I finally watched it. I am currently caught up, and can easily say that Mindy is my spirit animal. It is rare that a show can make me laugh this hard. If you are like me and somehow missed this, do yourself a favor and binge watch it!

Music
2014 has been the year of Taylor Swift. That's right, I'm proclaiming it. 1989 is probably my favorite album she has released and I love every single song. My favorites recently are Clean, I Wish You Would, and I Know Places.

Movie
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay-Part 1 has to be the best movie of 2014. Who doesn't wish they were a badass like Katniss?! This installment was much darker than the others and focused more on the rebellion. I don't think there is a person alive that didn't get chills when Katniss sang The Hanging Tree. I cannot wait for part 2!


6 comments:

  1. The too faced palettes always look gorgeous x

    Happy New Year!

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh that Too Faced palette is so gorgeous! The last thing I need is another palette, but if I stumble upon that one I just might have to get it! Great picks!

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Too Faced Natural Eye and Naked Eye (I recommend it) palettes are great! Love that bag! I really have to sit down and watch The Hunger Games, because despite owning the first one, I still haven't seen it!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!