November 24, 2014

Motivational Monday #6

Source
Hey guys! Today I felt like doing a bit of a chatty post instead of my normal review. I've had a few things weighing on my mind lately, and feel like I need to just talk and ramble. So, here it is...

I tend to be the type of person that holds onto negativity for an unhealthy amount of time. Nasty comments made to me or friendships that ended badly stick with me no matter how much I shake them. I try to remember that these people have no power over me, but for some reason their impact on my life and how I view myself seem to still be intertwined. 

So, my question for all of you is two fold. Why do we hold on to such toxic people, and if they are so toxic why do their opinions matter? Sure, sometimes the world can be a cruel place, but doesn't the positivity win in the end? 

As I've gotten older I've had an easier time defining myself in my own terms, and to live in the moment instead of dwelling on the past. Currently, I have the most amazing group of friends. It took me until college to find them, but boy and I thankful I did. It may be a small group, but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. My hope for each of you is that you can be surrounded by encouraging people that make you a better person, and except you for who you are. That's all anyone really wants, isn't it?

Just a little something for you all to think about this Monday. I have no idea if I made any sense in this post, but hopefully one person will be able to decode what I mean. I hope your week is filled with happiness and magical moments with the people you love.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand what you mean and I think a lot of people do this; I sure do. I'm still trying so hard to hold onto friendships that I know will be hopeless and 100 times over I've felt taken advantage of. But it's hard to let go of things that you either once held close to your heart or even to ignore something that cuts so deeply into your mind. In a sense, we want to "fix things"; I think this is totally common, especially for anyone who's determined, driven, and thrives for success and happiness in their lives. Frankly it sucks being in these toxic situations and I have yet to figure out how to get out of it so I totally hear you. I've only been able to run away from it so far but the nice thing is you learn from those situations and that's how we sort of mature over time.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!