October 20, 2014

Ecotools Pure Complexion Sponge: First Impressions

Well hello everyone! Today's post is a little different and is part one of a two part review. I received the Ecotools Pure Complexion Sponge* in my latest Pinchme box, and couldn't wait to give it a try. I have heard rave reviews about sponges like this, but never tried one before now. 

The Pure Complexion Sponge is made of natural plant fibers and starts off  hard until it is run under water where is becomes soft. It literally looked like a piece of styrofoam before you add water. You can use this either by itself or with your favorite facial cleanser. I chose to use cleanser when testing this for the first time to see if it would make any difference in my skin while doing my normal routine.

I dampened my skin and applied in in a circular motion. The sponge lathered the cleanser quickly, and felt soft against my skin. I could definitely feel that it was gently exfoliating my skin and really cleaning it well. I tend to have sensitive skin, and this didn't aggravate my skin or cause any redness.

My only complaint about this sponge so far is that there is no string attached to the end so that I can hang it up to dry. This isn't even a real complaint. I'm just being annoying and picky.

Saying that I'm impressed by this is an understatement. As far as first impressions go this performed extremely well. My skin felt instantly softer, and this definitely helped to cleanse my skin thoroughly. I'm going to give this a try for awhile and do an update in a month to see if there are any long term benefits. Until then, see you guys next time!

The Ecotool Pure Complexion Sponge retails for $5.99

*Courtesy of PINCHme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!