September 1, 2014

What I'm Loving: August 2014!

Am I the only one who thinks this summer just flew by? Don't get me wrong, I'm obsessed with the fact that fall is right around the corner, but I just can't believe that the summer is almost over. I started to get back in the swing of wearing makeup more often this month, but don't really have many new favorites. This month was all about finding a quick routine that got me out of the door fast.

Beauty

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (Fair)
This has been my go-to concealer for, what seems, forever. It's the perfect thing to cover up any redness or under eye circles I may have. This certainly gets a lot of use on lazy makeup days.

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara (Waterproof Black)
I have been in love with The Rocket for over a year now, and I honestly have yet to find anything that competes with it. This lengthens my lashes like no other and gives an insane amount of volume.

Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm
I received this lip balm in the July Glossybox, and it has been a staple in my handbag ever since. Not only is this lip balm moisturizing, but it also smells and tastes super yummy.

Fashion
I seriously love a good floral. When I saw these shoes at Target I knew I had to have them. They are the perfect addition to literally any outfit and add such a nice dose of print to boring outfits. You can find them here on clearance! 

Television
Source
This month I have been loving NY Med. It follows a group of doctors at different hospitals in New York City as they deal with different patients and medical emergencies. I find the whole thing fascinating since I have loved medical shows since I was little. The body is such a really cool thing, and it's so interesting to see how doctors fix life threatening problems. The season is already over, but I hope they bring it back next summer!

Music
CODE RED! Taylor Swift released a new song! I'm a huge fan, and cannot wait for her latest album to drop. It's no surprise then that her new single Shake It Off has been on repeat in my house. It is such a fun song to dance around to. 

Random
My random favorite this month is Washington, DC. I was able to go there this month with my family, and had an absolute blast. It was incredible to see all of the monuments that I had seen pictures of since I was little, and as a politics geek, it was incredible to stand outside the White House.

2 comments:

  1. This season really has flown by. Those shoes are super-cute! And looks like they even have my size stil.. hrmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO IT! They are super comfy and look so cute!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!