September 5, 2014

August 2014 Glossybox Review!

It's Glossybox time! Every month I look forward to this little beauty arriving on my doorstep. Side note, it seemed like it took forever for this to arrive. I know they ship towards the end of the month, but this seemed like a stretch. Anyway, this month's spoilers were pretty impressive so I had high hopes. Let's see what I received!




August 2014 Glossybox
Kryolan for Glossybox Cream Highlighter in Cashmere (Sample Size)
OH MY GOD! Can you tell I'm excited about this?! Kryolan is the brand that they use on one of my favorite shows, Face Off, and I have been wanting to try one of their products for ages now. I haven't used cream highlighters much in the past so I'm eager to test this out since it looks so stunning in the container.

Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner (Sample Size)
I have tried this liner in the past, and am so happy to have a mini now. Not only is this liner jet black, but it stays put once it dries and lasts all day. The felt tip is ultra fine, and makes creating a cat eye a breeze.

Uberliss Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner (Sample Size)
I'm kind of indifferent to shampoo and conditioner samples. I haven't used anything from this brand before so I might completely fall in love with them.

Eslor Firming Collagen Day Cream (Sample Size)
I haven't hear of this brand before so I really have no idea what to expect. I'm always game to try new face creams out.

SpaRitual Nail Lacquer in Navigate (Full Size)
I have seen SpaRitual polishes before at Sephora, but never picked one up. This shimmery blue is very pretty and is the perfect summer color. I'm going to try and use this within the next few weeks before I retire it for next summer.

Overall Thoughts
This box had some hits and misses for me. I'm by no means disappointed, but I'm just kind of "meh". Of course, the highlighter, nail polish, and liner are awesome, but the day cream and shampoo/conditioner are pretty underwhelming. Shampoo and conditioner just don't scream "exciting" to me. Next month is a collaboration with Harper's Bazaar and I honestly can't wait!

Sneak Peek!
Glossybox was super awesome and shared with all of their subscribers by email 1 item that will be in each of the upcoming boxes through November! If you were on the fence about subscribing then you will want to hear this.

September- Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara
October- Nails Inc.Nail Polish
November- Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defying Moisturizer

Are you excited yet, because I sure am! I think I am most excited about the Benefit mascara. I have tried it in the past, and look forward to having a mini.

Which product are you excited to see? Are you tempted to subscribe now?

1 comment:

  1. I love the eyeko eyeliner. It is a pretty good eyeliner, though I have found others I now prefer. You got a really pretty nail polish too! Great box this month.
    BrightShinyDay

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!