August 25, 2014

Wet N Wild Fall 2014 Color Icon Eyeshadow Palettes: First Impression + Swatches

Fall is in the air everyone, and that means fall makeup collections! I went on a hunt yesterday to find the Wet n Wild Fall 2014 collection after seeing pictures on Instagram. It may have taken me 5 stores to find it, but it was so worth it. 
The main reason I was attracted to the collection was because of the 5 pan eyeshadows. People were saying that the Melrose at Night and Smoke and Melrose palettes contained dupes for the wildly popular Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I have been torn for months as to whether or not I should drop the $54 for it so if there is a cheaper alternative on the market you better believe I will find it!

Both palettes contain 5 shadows; a base, eyelid shade, crease, definer, and brow bone shade. They are also housed in black plastic palettes that are thin and sturdy. They come with a small black sponge brush and a small blending brush. I don't typically use these as I prefer my brushes, but they are handy to have around if I'm doing someones makeup or my brushes are dirty.

 Melrose at Night contains pink, brown, and neutral shadows that all contain shimmer except for the brow bone shade. This would be ideal for lighter rosy eye makeup looks. These shadows would look incredible on someone with brown eyes! There was fallout with these shadows, but if you are careful when applying them and use a good primer you should be okay.
Melrose at Night
Wet n Wild Melrose at Night swatches
 Smoke and Melrose contains rose, plum, and golden shadows. The brow bone shade is a bit dark in my opinion to be a highlight. All of the shades contain shimmer except the brow bone shadow which comes off as more of a matte. I did experience a bit of fall out while swatching these as well, but they shouldn't be a problem.
Smoke and Melrose
Wet n Wild Smoke and Melrose swatches
Overall Thoughts
I typically don't gravitate towards rosy shadows, but these palettes have changed my mind. I can definitely see where these could be close dupes for the Naked 3 palette since they do follow the rosy/gold/plum theme. I can't say for certain if there are any exact dupes, but I would say that these would be a more affordable option that would be perfect for creating a similar effect. There is a nice variety of shimmer and matte shadows to choose from that could be used to make a nice amount of different fall eye looks. Both of them were buttery and not the least bit chalky which is what I usually associate with eyeshadows at this price point which was a nice surprise. In the end, I like these and think they are a great value for the quality you are receiving.

Wet n Wild Fall Color Icon Eyeshadow 5 Pans retail for around $3.49.

4 comments:

  1. These look so good! I don't know if they're exact dupes for Naked 3, but they would certainly satisfy any rosy-nude eyeshadow cravings one has. Hard to beat the price too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how Smokes and Melrose looks! I'm heading to Walgreens before I head back to Baton Rouge today and I'll be on the lookout for that palette!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!