August 15, 2014

The Secrets of Blogging Tag!

Hello my loves! I hope each of you is having a fabulous day. Today, I am beyond excited to be doing another tag post! I love doing tags, and think they are the perfect way to learn little facts and tidbits about my favorite bloggers. 

I was tagged to do The Secrets of Blogging Tag by the ultra talented Brianna from Glazed Over Beauty. If you haven't already checked out her blog I highly suggest you do. Her photography is on point, and her reviews are thorough and honest. 

This tag is all about pulling back the curtain on blogging, and giving you an inside look at how XOXO Meaghan really works.
When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging in March of 2013 mainly because I was bored one day during my Sophomore year of college. I had a blog before, but wasn't happy with it so I took a break and decided to start over. Blogging is easily one of the best decisions I have ever made. Not only did it give me a creative outlet, but I was able to make friends with people from all over the world who are passionate about the same things I am.

How many people in "real life" know about your blog?
I was completely hesitant to tell my friends about my blog. My family knew from the beginning, and were always supportive, but I wasn't sure what my friends would think of it. Of course, I should have known that my friends would be super supportive since they're incredible people. I honestly can't explain how touched I am by the support I have received from friends and family. My grandparents don't know how to use the internet, but they still like for me to show them by blog whenever I visit so they can see what I am up to.

What are your favorite posts to read?
I love reading tutorial posts and being able to learn how someone created a a certain look. I also enjoy reading more personal posts where I get to know more about the blogger behind the blog.

List a blog you have discovered recently?
One blog I have been loving lately is Sweet Electric. Not only does Zoe, the blogger behind Sweet Electric, write awesome reviews that are ultra informative, but she also does posts with blog tips and tricks that are perfect for anyone who is new to blogging or wants to strengthen their blogging skills.

Which posts are you most proud of?
This is hard to choose, but I am very proud of my monthly favorites posts. I put a lot of time and effort into creating one each month, and loving using them as a way to look back on what I enjoyed in previous months.

What advice would you give to future bloggers?
Write about what you love. You should always be passionate about the topic you are writing about. I would also suggest that you be yourself, and let yourself just have fun. For so long I tried to dial down my personality, which can be quite big at times, but I found that my most successful posts where ones where I allowed myself to be goofy and a bit weird like I usually am in my day to day life.

I tag:

5 comments:

  1. So glad you did this tag! Lots of fun to read through your answers. :)

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading your monthly favorites posts! It's clear that you actually put some thought into your choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! You made me smile. Xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for tagging me Meaghan! I didn't tell anyone when I first started blogging, but I actually told my friends before my family. I was so scared! Looking back there was nothing to be scared about, but I can completely relate.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!