August 20, 2014

Butter London Moisture Matte Lipstick in Ruby Murray: First Impressions + Swatch!

Hello everyone! I haven't done a review on here in quite some time. Today, I will be sharing my first impressions of the brand new Butter London lipsticks that just launched this month.
The Moisture Matte Lipsticks* are full coverage and have a velvet matte finish. The collection comes in 11 shades that range form nudes to bright orange-toned reds. Butter London has created a formulation that does not feather or bleed while providing moisture to keep lips soft.
The shade I received is Ruby Murray, a creamy deep berry. This shade just screams fall! The pigmentation of this lipstick is very impressive and opaque. This has the same vanilla scent as their other lip products which I really like. There is nothing worse then a stinky lip product.
I tend to stay away from matte lipsticks because I find them drying, but the formulation of this lipstick is creamy and left my lips feeling moisturized. I didn't find that this bled when worn on it's own which means that it will be perfect for low maintenance lip days when I want to look like I put a lot more effort into my makeup then I actually did.

For anyone who is nervous to rock dark lips this fall, try wearing this as a stain. This shade tends to stain my lips for hours after so I find that if I apply it by dabbing a small amount directly to my lips then it gives me a more subdued berry look that isn't so overwhelming.

Overall Thoughts
I am highly impressed by this new line. There seems to be a nice selection of shades, and the matte formulation is a welcome addition to their lippy line. This deep berry shade will be the perfect addition to my collection for days when I want a more dramatic look.

Butter London Moisture Matte Lipsticks retail for $22.

*Product courtesy of Butter London. All opinions are my own.

6 comments:

  1. I am so low maintanace with my lips, I only use long lasting and easy products and I think I may have to give these a try!
    I'm doing my first blog giveaway to mark 1/2 a year so far. It's a package perfect for anyone who loves fashion, beauty, and nice things. Details and how to enter at www.newhautmonde.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. A moisturizing matte lipstick is always hard to find. It is wonderful that this one fits the bill.
    Bright Shiny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shade is really pretty and really fall appropriate. I love wearing these types of colors but they can be kind of high maintenance. I've never thought of just wearing them as a stain, definitely trying that out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started using all of my dark lippies as stains, and cannot believe how much more I like them that way.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!