August 18, 2014

Back To School: First Day Makeup!

Hello everyone! Today, I have a little back to school tutorial for all of you.

As all of you know, it is so important for makeup to last all day while at school. Who wants their makeup to fade before 6th period?! I start off with a primer to even out my skin and prep it for foundation. Today, I used the Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner. For foundation I chose to go with an old standby, Revlon's Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin. Not only is this foundation super affordable, but it provides a ton of coverage (to cover up any pesky redness) while still being breathable which makes it the perfect foundation to wear while your at school. Now it's time to cover those not-so-nice zits. I've been using Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer for while now, and it does a good job of covering up the redness that can come with acne without being cakey. A finishing powder is a must for us oily skin girls. An affordable option that I have always had success with is Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder. It keep my skin matte throughout the day which is crucial. No grease slicks here! I like to finish my face makeup by adding a light flush to the cheeks. NYX Blush in Rose Garden is a stunning pink that has flecks of gold shimmer that adds a slight glow to the cheeks.
One thing I wish I had learned in high school is how important it is to fill in my brows. Eyebrows frame the face, and completely tie a look together. My favorite brow pencil is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. The fine point makes it easy to fill brows in and gives so much control. Rimmel has a more affordable option that I also like to use from time to time. Finish off your brows with a clear brow gel like this one from Maybelline to keep them in place.
Now, we have gotten to my favorite part, the eyes. I find it's best to keep eyes simple when at school. Smokey eyes should be left for going out with friends. Wet n' Wild make trios that are perfect for easy eye looks. My favorite is the Walking on Eggshells trio. It's a slightly shimmery look that brightens the eyes to make them look more awake. Also, try adding a nude liner to your lower waterline if you need a pick me up in the eye area. This step is optional, but I like adding a bit of liner to my upper lash line to define my eyes even more. Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in Corrupt is a brown liner with flecks of glitter that adds a fun touch of glitter to the eyes. I finish everything off with Maybelline's Black Drama Mascara that gives my eyes that false lashes look.
I finish off my look with Rimmel's Show Off Lip Lacquer in the shade Celestial which is a pretty pink that is universally flattering. If lip colors aren't your thing feel free to use a lip balm instead. I am currently liking Soft Lip's Cube lip balm.


What beauty mistakes did you make when you were in school? Let me know in a comment below!

8 comments:

  1. This look is very natural and pretty! I think my beauty routine (other than my hair) was probably OK by the time I was in college, but in middle school/high school I wore ridiculous amounts of pencil eyeliner. Often in weird or sparkly colors. I'm sure it looked terrible because it would often smudge by the end of the day, but I thought I looked super-cool at the time, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca! Everyone had a crazy liner phase, haha! Xx

      Delete
  2. I love this look too!! I made the mistake of using crazy shimmery and smokey colors about a year after I started doing makeup--absolutely hideous when I find those pictures now hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved me some shimmer! Xx

      Delete
  3. My mistake was definitely thinking that harsh black eyeliner was the way to go...every single day. I wore too dark of a brown lipstick in middle school and I have no idea why I thought that looked good. Though I'll take those makeup mistakes when I think of all of my hair mistakes. Short bangs and curly hair just don't go together. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, hair was my mistake too. I honestly didn't give a crap when I probably should have put a bit more effort in. Xx

      Delete
  4. You look so cute! Celestial is one of my favorite lippies at the moment. In middle school/beginning of high school my biggest mistake was thinking that I didn't have to wear lipstick. I'd do up my eyes really nice, then completely ignore my lips. It was a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelsea! I did that as well, and sometimes still do when I'm lazy. It's amazing how big of a difference a little lipstick or tinted balm can make.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!