July 4, 2014

Smashbox Photo Finish Blemish Control Primer: Review!

Happy July 4th everyone! I hope all of my US readers are having  a fabulous day filled with yummy food, fireworks, and friends!

I was very kindly sent the Smashbox Photo Finish Blemish Control Primer* by the lovely people over at Birchbox to review. Smashbox primers have been popular for quite some time in the beauty world, but I hadn't tried any of them until now. I was one of those people who thought that primers were pointless, but over the past year I have completely changed my opinion. Since using primers I have noticed that my makeup lasts longer and my oily skin is kept at bay. What's not to love?!
The Smashbox Photo Finish Blemish Control Primer, a mouthful of a name, is oil free and contains 2% salicylic acid to help fight blemishes and make skin look camera ready. Not to mention this primer doesn't contain any of those nasty ingredients like parabens, sulfates, or phthalates. I have oily/acne prone skin so anything that says it will help me fight those nasty blemishes sounds good in my book.
They recommend on the packaging that you use this for 2 weeks to see results so I did just that, and today actually marks the end of my 2 week trial. I applied this underneath my makeup and on it's own for no makeup days. I am obsessed with wearing this both ways so far. When I am applying this under my makeup I will give it about 10 minutes between applying this and actually putting on my foundation or bb cream so that it can sink in. This smooths out my complexion and fills in my pores creating an even base for other products. My makeup lasted pretty well throughout the day with me only having to blot once a day which is normal for me.

I was really interested to see if this would actually help with my minor acne, and I am pleased to say it did. I didn't have any major spots, but I did have a few small red bumps that were ultra annoying. After applying this for 2 weeks I noticed that most of the bumps went away completely and the ones that were left behind were significantly less noticeable. I definitely have the salicylic acid to thank for this. I didn't experience any redness, drying, or irritation which was awesome since sometimes my sensitive skin can be a bit fussy with salicylic acid.

Overall Thoughts
This primer is so worth the hype. At $42 it isn't the most affordable primer on the market, but the fact that it does double duty by fighting acne and prepping my skin for foundation makes it worth the price tag. The primer itself is impressive as is the acne treatment inside of it. As a girl with oily skin I found this hydrating without being greasy or clogging my pores.

Smashbox Photo Finish Blemish Control Primer retails for $42.


*This product was provided by Birchbox for review purposes. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!