July 14, 2014

Sample Roundup #3

It's time again for another sample roundup where I share with all of you the samples I have used up and what I thought of them. This time around I have quite a diverse group. Now, it's time for a confession. For some reason I accidentally threw away all of the samples before I could photograph them. I honestly have no idea what I was thinking. Hopefully my mini reviews are still useful for all of you.

Sample Roundup

Curly Hair Solutions Rev Up! Volumist
I had this sample laying around forever so I decided to just give it a try. Unfortunately, I didn't notice any difference in my hair while using this. Apparently, this is supposed to volumize my hair, but it really did nothing for me.

Pureology Colour Fanatic
This product is the complete opposite of the last hair spray. I am seriously obsessed with this stuff. Not only does it smell like perfume and make my hair smell amazing, but it made my colored hair so vibrant and shiny. I could totally see myself purchasing this in the future.

Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer
Typically I am not a fan of foil packets for skincare, but I ran out of my moisturizer so I used this instead. My first impression of this was that it was thick which I am not a fan of. It took quite a long time for this to sink into my skin which felt a bit uncomfortable, but once it did my skin was moisturized. I wouldn't purchase this, but if you like a thicker moisturizer then you will like this.

Kate Somerville Quench Oil Free Hydrating Face Serum
Face serums are my new favorite skin product and I have been testing out so many these days. This is one of the better ones I have used. It sank into my skin quickly and left me feeling hydrated and even made my skin feel better after I got a little bit of a sunburn on my face.

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
This is the star of the Kate Somerville samples I tested. The gentle exfoliator beads in this made my face feel amazing, and left my skin feeling fresh and soft.

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant*
I received this in the Camera Ready Kit from Birchbox as part of a prize. It's no secret I love exfoliators, and this is hands down the best one I have ever used. My skin was left so soft that I felt like I had received an expensive spa facial or something. If this wasn't so expensive I would have purchased the full size. I think I am going to wait and repurchase this in the future as a treat to myself.

Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash
I received this in a Glossybox a few months ago, and to be honest I don't think there is anything special about this. It didn't tone my skin, and smelled a bit too musky for my taste.

Crabtree & Evelyn Citron Honey and Coriander Bath & Shower Gel
It's a lemon scented body wash. What's not to love?

*Post contains affiliated links & prizes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!