July 25, 2014

In The Kitchen: Spinach Chips!

I have been working on eating healthier which means I am spending more time in the kitchen whipping up yummy healthy snacks. One of the huge crazes I have noticed are kale chips. I've made kale chips a few times now and they are seriously delicious. I will admit though that I prefer spinach to kale so when I found out you could make spinach chips I was beyond excited. I have made spinach chips using this recipe quite a few times now, and they are beyond yummy. I feel like sometimes with health food people say that it is delicious, but it ends up tasting gross. I promise you guys will love this one! The best part of this recipe is that you can tops these bad boys with whatever you have around the house. Today, I'm going to be showing you all how to make plain spinach chips with sea salt, but feel free to get creative with your toppings. If you have any topping ideas let me know in a comment below! I would love to try something new.
Ingredients
-Baby Spinach
-Olive Oil
-Seasoning Salt or Sea Salt
How It's Made

1) Rinse off your baby spinach and pat dry. It is important to make sure that all of the leaves are dry at this point, because if you don't the water can actually steam them and they won't crisp up.

2) Drizzle your dry spinach with a small amount of olive oil to lightly coat them. I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I like to work the olive oil into the spinach with my hands which I also like to think of as an impromptu hand treatment. Beauty treatment while cooking? Yes please!

3) Now, place your spinach on a nonstick baking sheet. Make sure to spread them out, but since there will be a lot of shrinking you won't have to worry too much about this just as long as they are all in an even single layer.

4) Now, it is time for toppings. You guys can go as crazy as you want, but I typically just add either sea salt or seasoning salt depending on my mood. Apply this to taste.

5) Place your spinach in a 300 degree oven for 15 minutes.

6) After they are done in the oven I typically will let them cool on the baking sheet to crisp up. Once they cool they are ready to enjoy! These typically keep for about 2-3 days so make sure you enjoy them quickly!

They are seriously that simple! I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe, and have a fantastic day. Let me know if you have any other recipes you would like to see.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I've always been a fan of spinach. I like the idea of these and looks so simple too!

    ~ K

    bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!