June 30, 2014

What I'm Loving: June 2014!

Summer is officially here! I am seriously so pumped for swimming, barbecues, and multiple trips to the amusement park/beach. Of course, my summer also consists of summer courses, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Let me know in a comment below what you are looking forward to this summer!
Beauty

Wet n' Wild Nail Polish (Sunny Side Up)
I typically am not a fan of orange nail polish, but this cream orange polish from Sally Hansen is too pretty to pass up. I have this on my nails now and it just makes me smile.

Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream (Light)
I have been out a lot in the sun recently and gotten quite a bit of color on my face where most of my foundations no longer match my skin. Such a bummer! Thankfully, I found this bb cream in my collection and it is a perfect match. I have been wearing this a lot for a few weeks now and like the coverage .

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow (Amber Rush)
It's hard to find anyone who doesn't like L'oreal's Infallible eyeshadow line. I recently have been using the shade Amber Rush, a rose gold, a lot. It is such a beautiful shade that transitions from day to night and makes my blue eyes pop.

Milani Rose Blush (Coral Cove)*
The first day of summer signified that it was coral blush season! Besides the fact that the blush is stunning it is also extremely pigmented so I typically will lightly swirl my brush in this blush and dab off the excess on the back of my hand to avoid looking clownish. A little is all you need for the perfect coral flush. This also looks so good with a tan!

Television
My guilty pleasure show, Pretty Little Liars, is back and boy did it start off with a bang! I won't spoil anything, but can you believe that ***** was A?! Of course it is by no means over, and I'm sure there is plenty more that is going to happen.

Music
Source
This past month I have been listening to my father's Eagles Greatest Hits album every time I am in the car. Their music is so easy to listen to and fun to sing along with. My favorite song is Take It Easy which I can be found scream/singing at the top of my lungs all of the time.

Food
I have been on a big smoothie kick lately. I have tried so many different combinations. Some good, and some not so good. My favorite so far has to be the one I make with frozen peaches, strawberries, honeydew, and cantaloupe with some spinach for a boost of vitamins. It is seriously delicious and you can't even taste the spinach! I have also been adding chia seeds to my smoothies and boy do they make them filling. They are full of fiber and perfect for first thing in the morning.

Book
This month I have gotten back into reading with one of the most popular books right now, The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I feel like everyone has been buzzing about this for awhile now, and after reading this I can see why. I won't go into a synopsis of the book since I's sure you probably already know. All I'm going to say is that I have never been so effected by a book in my life.

Website/Blog
This month my favorite blog has been Hello Pretty Bird written by the lovely Rebecca. Her blog is my go-to website to find out about  indie beauty brands. She also does very detailed unboxing posts that let you know whether or not you are getting your moneys worth. Be sure to check Rebecca out, and let me know in a comment below which blogs you are currently loving!

*Prize

8 comments:

  1. I never picked up the Amber Rush eyeshadow from that line, but I tell myself I MUST *every* time I see a new post on it! It's such a gorgeous color.

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention! I liked the Revlon PhotoReady Foundation when it came out, but haven't tried the BB cream ... guess I should add it to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on a total smoothie kick this past month too! It's something about the warmer weather that makes me wanna sip on a smoothie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And wait, PLL is completely insane right now! I was not expecting you know who to be A! Such a shocker to me girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are perfect for breakfast! PLL is seriously blowing my mind this season. Last season was a bit slow, but I love how they are explaining things now. Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!