June 6, 2014

Shop My Stash!

While some people collect baseball cards I collect makeup. I love the packaging, bright colors, and way that they make me feel. I have always seen the art of applying makeup to be just that, an art form. Makeup can change the way a face looks and I find that incredible. My collection is something I take great pride in, but with so many products floating around I tend to neglect some old favorites. I decided this week to shop around my stash to see what I could find and give them the attention they deserve.
The first things I tend to gravitate towards are eyeshadow palettes. I purchased the Wet n' Wild Comfort Zone Collection on a trip to visit family in Kentucky a few years ago, and always think of that trio whenever I use it. On that exact same trip I purchased Cover Girl's Shimmering Sands Trio which is a favorite of so many bloggers. Both of these palettes are pigmented and create such beautiful eye looks.
Don't know what happened to the light on this picture, haha! 
Last summer was all about trying new products and breaking out of the makeup rut I was in. I headed over to Ulta and picked up the Cover Girl Lipslicks Smoochie in the shade #TweetMe. It is a red tinted balm that gives the lips and "I just ate a cherry popsicle" look. I also picked up the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer and NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt.
I have had such a love hate relationship with Revlon's Colorstay Foundation. I absolutely hated it the first time I tried it because it set oddly on my face and just didn't look natural. I refuse to give up on a product after one use so I played around with different techniques and found that with a damp sponge it looked natural and flawless. I can see why so many people love it, and I can't wait to give this a try with my Beauty Blender.
The final products I rediscovered are  tried and true favorites, Benefit's Benetint and Pixi's Magic Tink Tint. This is such a versatile product, but my favorite way to wear it is as a lip tint. It gives that "just kissed" look that is perfect for a night out or brunch with friends. You can wear it so many ways and it really is the best of the best of beauty products. Pixi's Magic Tink Tint is a balm that reacts to your lips to create a custom pink color. It's like a mood ring for your lips! I have had this for so long, and forgot how much I like the packaging and product.

There you have it. I think I have found so many awesome products that I can start using again. I think I am going to start doing this once a month so that I can really see what I have and not just using the same things over and over again. I can't wait to see what I will find in the future.

*Affiliated Links

1 comment:

  1. I will be doing this for the month of June for sure, I'm on a no buy. Time to rediscover ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!