May 30, 2014

What I'm Loving: May 2014!

May has come and gone which I'm kinda okay with. The weather was pretty crappy earlier in the month, but once the sun came so did the heat which I am not a fan of. I guess there is no way to please me when it comes to the weather, haha! In other news, I was named one of Popsugar's Blogger of the Week which was pretty darn exciting for me. I was feeling a bit down writing wise, and this was exactly the boost I needed. Now, let's get on to some of my favorites this month!
Beauty

Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama Mascara
I strayed from Maybelline mascaras for awhile, but I am right back in love with them. This is one of my absolute favorites that gives my lashes that falsies effect.

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette*
Oh how I love a good neutral eye palette. The Too Faced Natural Eye Palette came in my April Popsugar box, and I could not have been happier. I use this almost every day, and it is slowly becoming one of my favorite palettes of all time.

Maybelline Color Whisper (Lust For Blush)
I talked about this product ages ago, but it has become the star of my makeup bag once again. I'm a huge fan of lip colors that are "my lips but better", and this one is spot on. I also like how moisturizing and creamy this is.

Alterna Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand
I cut my hair earlier this month and have since been looking for ways to add volume without weighing it down. This thickening cream adds volume to my hair, protects my color, and doesn't make me greasy at all.

Television
Warehouse 13 has been one of my favorite shows for a few years now. I am a huge history buff and love how they have some kind of historical connection in each episode. For those of you who don't know, the show is about a secret government organization that goes all over the world collecting artifacts that have supernatural powers and can be dangerous in the wrong hands. For example, there was an episode where they had to find Edgar Allen Poe's pen because whenever someone wrote with it the pen would turn what they wrote into reality. The entire concept is so freaking cool, and I would give up everything I own to have their job...You know, if it was real. They just had their series finale and I honestly am so bummed. I always hate when a good show ends!

Music
I have been listening to country music nonstop in May. I'll be honest, I am not a huge fan of today's country music, but I love the songs that were put out in the 90s and early 2000s. One of the stations on the radio plays older country music in the morning and it is all I have listened to. My favorites are Tim McGraw's Just to See You Smile and Lonestar's Walking in Memphis.

Food
I have been working very hard the past few months to be healthier, and one of my favorite meals to make has been a spinach salad with mandarin oranges, tomatoes, feta cheese, and chili seasoned shrimp. It is honestly my favorite meal to make, and tastes delicious!

Website/Blog
Carly's Beauty World
This month my favorite blog has been Carly's Beauty World. The blog is run by Carly who I have spoken to a few times on Twitter, and she is absolutely lovely! I always enjoy reading her thorough product reviews, and informational posts on different beauty tips and tricks. She did a post not too long ago on beauty product expiration dates and another on how to make products last longer that were so helpful.

*Post contains PR samples and affiliated links.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Popsugar Blogger of the week :) I have that Color Whisper and I LOVE it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you! Congrats on the BOTW! That Too Faced palette is one of my favorites. And I'm right there with you on the heat. Guess I should prepare myself to start sweating once my foot is out the door. Drat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one who isn't a heat fan. Sweat is not my friend.

      Delete
  3. Well done with the Popsugar blog of the week award :D well deserved I just had a look through your blog ^_^
    Loving the sound of that pallette :D Adding it to my shopping list ^_^
    Jake Bugg is a pretty good musician too, you should check him out a lot of his songs have kind of a country rock vibe to them :)
    -Amber
    http://theambiismiley.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun! I will have to check him out! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!