May 19, 2014

Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette: Review + Swatches!

Hey everyone! I hope you have all had a fantastic day so far. I have been busy with school work today, and doing a bit of spring cleaning.

Today's post is a review of an extremely popular eyeshadow palette, the Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eyeshadow Palette*. I have been going back and forth on whether to purchase this for well over a year now, and apparently Popsugar read my mind and decided to include it in their April Must Have box which I was able to review. I'm a lucky girl!


I really like the packaging of this palette, and how compact it is. I was shocked at first at how small it is, but I actually like that because it makes the palette more convenient to travel with. It comes in a tin with a magnetic closure. I wish that it had a more secure closure, but there shouldn't be a problem of it opening if you are traveling with it. There is also a handy mirror built in which is perfect for looks on the go. Basically, you can take this bad boy with you pretty much anywhere!

The palette contains 9 eyeshadows that can be used to create quite a few neutral eye makeup looks. The shades included are Heaven (matte cream), Cashmere Bunny (matte taupe), Sexpresso (matte deep brown), Silk Teddy (peachy champagne shimmer), Push-Up (light bronze), Erotica (charcoal brown with gold flecks), Nudie (fawn matte), Honey Pot (gold pearl),  Chocolate Martini (deep espresso with gold shimmer). How freaking funny are the risque names! I am just dying for someone to ask me what eyeshadow I am wearing so I can say, "Oh, it's just Sexpresso and Erotica." I did experience a bit of fall out with Chocolate Martini, but not enough to stop me from using it.


The palette comes with a little business card sized guide that show you how to create 3 different eye looks; Day, Classic, and Fashion. My personal favorite eye look is Classic that uses the shadows Silk Teddy, Push-Up, and Erotica. It flatters my blue eyes so nicely and is the perfect every day neutral look.

Overall, I think it is safe to say that I am impressed with this palette. I love a neutral eye palette and this baby is right up my alley. There is a nice variety of matte and shimmer shades that can be mixed and matched to make a variety of looks. The only downside I can find is the not-so-secure closure. Other than that this palette is a winner in my book.

The Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eyeshadow Palette retails for $36.00.

*This palette came in my April Popsugar Must Haves box. Courtesy of Popsugar. Affiliated Link.

6 comments:

  1. I've never given this palette much thought, but the shades that are in it are absolutely gorgeous! You are a lucky girl, & I hope you enjoy using your new palette!

    Chelsea | tigerlovebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I also looked this over for awhile, but now I can't imagine my collection without it. Xx

      Delete
  2. I have nominated your for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Check it out here:

    http://pumpkinemilysmiles.blogspot.com/2014/05/very-inspiring-blogger-award-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this palette as well, such lovely colours and yes it is compact, but in a good way, you still get a good amount of product:) thanks for sharing and have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betti! Have a great weekend! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!