May 23, 2014

How To Tame Oily Skin!

As a girl who has had oily skin for as long as I can remember there is nothing worse than catching a glimpse of myself in a mirror and realizing that I look like a grease ball. With summer quickly approaching there is no better time to solve this problem. I have tested out so many products over the past few years, and have finally discovered a routine that helps tame excess face oils and makes my makeup last so much longer throughout the day. If you have any tips or tricks to add please leave them in a comment down below!


Use Oil-Free Products
My skin is prone to breakouts so I find avoiding products that use oils help to keep my face acne free. Now, of course there are certain oils that are good for your skin, but when it comes to my moisturizer and face wash I like to play it safe and avoid them. I have been using Clean & Clear's Morning Burst Cleanser and Hydrating Gel Moisturizer for awhile now, and I have yet to have a problem with breakouts because of them. They are light enough to not weigh down my skin or clog my pores.

Primers Are Your Friends
I never used primers in the past, but since I have started using them I have noticed that my makeup lasts longer, and I experience a lot less shine throughout the day. Mattifying facial primers are a great way to absorb oils and create a nice canvas for foundation. My current favorite is Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Pore Refiner. I also find that eyeshadow primers can be very useful at not only making eyeshadows more vibrant, but making sure that they don't crease throughout the day. Urban Decay's Primer Potion is perfect for this and works even with my ultra oily eye lids. Yes, I know it's gross, but it's the truth!

Use Matte Face Products
The easiest way to tame oils throughout the day are to use mattifying makeup products. Matte foundations and tinted moisturizers, like Jouer's Matte Moisture Tint, start you off with a matte base that won't make you look greasy like some luminizing foundations can. I also find that using a setting powder is a must every time I wear makeup. It just helps to seal everything in, and give me added help in combating the inevitable shine. An affordable setting powder that I have used for years now is the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. If you are willing to spend a bit more money than you will love Benefit's The Porefessional Agent Zero Shine Powder. Both are great options that are sure to help with shine.

Blotting Sheets Are A Must
Blotting sheets are a gift from the gods. I have so many packaging laying around my room and in my handbag. They are an absolute must every single day. All you have to do it take a sheet and pat it all over you face to absorb extra oil without disturbing your makeup. They are that easy! Also, there is something oddly satisfying about seeing all of the oil on those sheets. Like you have really accomplished something. Little packages like the ones from Clean & Clear are perfect to slip into a bag or keep in a locker if you are a student.

*Post contains affiliated links

6 comments:

  1. Girl, I fight oily skin for sure! I have been on the fence on buying the Agent Zero Shine, but I think I'll go for it! I mean, you can't really go wrong with Benefit right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I bought it the day it came out which I normally never do. I just couldn't resist! Xx

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to try the tinted moisturizer! Thanks for the tips!!

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only part of my face that gets really shiny is my nose, but blotting sheets are the best for that! I've been hearing great thing about the Clean & Clear ones lately so I guess I'll have to pick them up next time I do a drugstore haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them. They are affordable and do the job!

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!