May 28, 2014

E.L.F. Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Pink Umbrellas: Review + Swatch!

I absolutely love twist up pencils, and am so happy that almost every company out there are now making them. Not only are they convenient to just throw in your handbag, but they make the whole application process a breeze. All you have to do is swipe and go.

There are a few requirements I have for twist up pencils. They have to be moisturizing, pigmented, have decent staying power, and not have any odd taste/scent. 
Pigmentation
The shade Pink Umbrellas is a cool toned pink with zero shimmer. It is such a flattering shade that isn't overpowering, and almost matches my natural lip color exactly. This is the perfect shade for me to throw on for ultra relaxed days when I want a tint of color, but nothing that requires a lot of maintenance.

Formulation
The formulation runs slightly thicker than other lip gloss sticks I have tried, but it doesn't bother me at all. I found it to be really moisturizing which is so important because I always have chapped lips and the last thing I need is for something to dry them out.

Taste/Scent
There is a minty flavor to this which I don't really care for. I can't stand the scent of flavor of artificial mint, but if you enjoy the scent then you will enjoy it.

Final Thoughts
These E.L.F. Jumbo Lip Gloss Sticks are a great bargain and would be perfect for a bargain makeup lover. Not only are they moisturizing, but the pigmentation is impressive for something that on costs 2 bucks! There isn't a wide selection of shades so if you are looking for brighter shades I would suggest you check out the Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains or if you are willing to splurge, the Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tints.

10 comments:

  1. Never actually ordered anything from ELF!
    There is a MAC lipstick giveaway of your choice over on my blog!xx
    Katherine Rose | Uk Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Katherine! Xx

      Delete
  2. I have this and I quite like it, but I know what you mean about the mint scent! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this too and the color is so close to my natural lip color that I can barely tell I have it on, haha! These are great for just tossing in your purse though. So easy to reapply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! They are perfect for lazy or busy days!

      Delete
  4. I've heard great things about these, I need to remember to pick one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! Plus they are so affordable that even if you don't end up liking it you haven't wasted a fortune.

      Delete
  5. I didn't even know elf made jumbo pencils! I love the ones I have that are from Tarte, but they are pretty pricey. I'll have to pick one of these up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the jumbo pencils from Tarte, but I know what you mean.

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!