April 30, 2014

What I'm Loving: April 2014!

April has come and gone, and I for one am sad to see it go. This past month has been super busy, but fun as well. The weather has done a complete 180 this month, and the sun has finally decided to come out. All of the snow has also melted, and I even saw my first flower of the season bloom in my yard! How exciting! My beauty routine has changed quite a bit and I have been focusing more on time saving and multi-tasking products. Can you say, "Hello bb cream!"
Beauty
Real Techniques Blush Brush
Real Techniques brushes are my faves, and this blush brush could possibly be my favorite. I use this brush when I want to apply bronzer all over as it's super big and fluffy. It is nearly impossible to over do it with this brush which I love seeing as I'm pale and don't tend to like looking ultra bronze only on my face. It just isn't a cute look.

Sinful Colors Nail Polish (24/7)
The sun came out this month, and so did this nail polish. I adore wearing ultra bright colors on my fingers and toes once the warmer weather hits. I have been wearing this shade on my toes all month and really love it.

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream (Light)
Oh Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, how I love you! I have used this product for so long, and it is one of my absolute favorite beauty products for spring and summer. The gel like formula is very lightweight and the SPF in it is perfect for days spent out in the sun.

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner
I have oily skin and large pores so it is imperative that I use a mattifying primer to set my makeup or else my skin will be an oil slick before I know it. This primer has been a life saver this month as my skin has been acting up and been more oily than normal. I have also noticed that my makeup has been lasting a lot long than usual which is super awesome!

It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin
My hair has been so happy this month, and it is because of this little miracle in a bottle. I like to spray this in my hair every night after I have showered to detangle my hair, and add some much needed moisture back in. The keratin in this also adds shine in my hair and makes it feel so soft the next day.

Television
Source
I finally caved and decided to watch Game of Thrones. I binge watched the first 3 seasons in 4 days which I am so not proud of. My only justification for spending that much time in front of a television was that I was sick. Anyway, I am so glad that I finally watched this series. I am now officially hooked, and want to be Khaleesi. I mean, the girl has dragons! What's not to love?!

Music
I have been playing Mumford and Sons first album in my car on repeat all month. They are one of my favorite bands, and I honestly never grow tired of them. My favorite song off the album is Winter Winds. Check out the video above and give it a listen!

Websites/Blogs
Source
P.S. I Made This...
I love crafting and hand making fun items to use in my day to day life. One website that I love using for inspiration is P.S. I Made This... The site features hundreds of crafting tutorials that teach you how to make some of the seasons hottest trends yourself! All of the tutorials are wicked easy to follow, and the items you can make look just like what you can buy in stores. My favorite thing to do is take old items of clothing I have laying around and revamp it using one of the tutorials. I highly recommend checking out the site and see for yourself!

Three Little Sparrows
Source
If you are looking for something funny and thought provoking than Three Little Sparrows is just the thing for you. The website is run by 3 friends who tell it like it is and talk about what it really is like to be in your 20's. There is always new content on the site, and I love catching up on it all while I am getting ready for bed. They have a little of everything on the website from awesome fashion posts to general life discussions. It is a very smart read that I think everyone should check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!