April 9, 2014

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: Review + Swatches!

Yes, I know I am extremely late on the Urban Decay Naked train, but I am going to talk about this anyway. I use my original Naked Palette on almost a daily basis, and can say without a doubt that it is my favorite eyeshadow palette. If I could marry makeup this would be the bad boy I get hitched to. I was hesitant to try the rest of the Naked Palette line as I wasn't sure if they would live up to the original. I was lucky enough to be gifted the Naked 2 Palette for Christmas, and have slowly been falling in love with it. Does this constitute cheating? I sure hope not!

The Breakdown
The Naked 2 Palette contains 12 eyeshadows that have a taupe/grey neutral theme. These are definitely are cooler shadows than the original palette which were on the warmer side. The shadows are all housed in a tin pencil case shaped container with a generous sized mirror. The palette comes with a Good Karma Crease/Shadow Brush and a trial sized Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in the shade Naked.


Shadows
Foxy (matte cream), Half Baked (shimmery golden bronze), Bootycall (shimmery cork), Chopper (shimmery copper with silver microglitter), Tease (matte pale brown), Snakebite (dark metallic shimmery bronze), Suspect (pale gold toned beige), Pistol (light shimmery grey toned brown), Verve (shimmery oyster), YDK (cool shimmery bronze), Busted (shimmery deep brown), Blackout (matte black)

Pigmentation
The pigmentation of these eyeshadows are on point, but what else would you expect from Urban Decay. The formula is buttery and there is little to no fallout on even the most shimmery shades. 

Good Karma Crease/Shadow Brush
I am a huge fan of dual ended shadow brushes are they are easy to travel with and take up less space. This is a nice extra and the brush worked pretty well. It isn't the best brush I have ever used, but it certainly did the job.

Overall Thoughts
I really enjoy using this palette when I want to have a cooler toned eye look. I still prefer the original Naked Palette, but this is a nice addition to my collection. This palette would work for anyone, but I think the color scheme would be ideal for someone with brown eyes. Overall, great quality and for a reasonable price.

4 comments:

  1. Love this review! Ugh, I've been dying for a UD palette for a while now but can't bring myself up to the price point QUITE yet >_<.......

    P.S! your photos are ON-POINT--gorgeous the images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Their palettes are deff the first thing you should consider investing it. All of the shadows are full sized so you are getting so much more than you are paying for. Thank you for your kind comment! Xx

      Delete
    2. I cannot wait to pick up this palette, I'm picking up both the Naked and Naked 2 as a gift to myself for completing my first year of college! :)
      After seeing this post if makes me more excited to get it!

      Krystal || Little Beauty Bug <3

      Delete
    3. Congrats on finishing your first year! I love both Naked 1 and 2, and you will love them! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!