April 4, 2014

Moom Express Pre-Waxed Strips For Face & Bikini: Review!

Okay, it's real talk time. Now, some people may be uncomfortable talking about waxing, but I am not by any means. Like every other woman out there I have hair above my upper lip. Let's call it a "lady mustache". I have used various types of hair removing techniques over the years, but I was looking for something with longer lasting results. I went to Ulta recently, and decided to test out a new hair remover.
I settled on the Express Pre-Waxed Strips by Moom. I had never heard of this brand before so I honestly had no idea what to expect. The thing that really got me interested in them is the fact that the strips are made of natural ingredients like chamomile, lavender, and bees wax. I'm always game to try anything that is made of more natural ingredients.
The waxing kit comes with 10 double sided wax strips, cucumber and jojoba finishing oil, and step by step instructions.
I used these strips to remove my lady mustache so I only needed to use 1 of the double sided wax strips. I followed the instructions and warmed the strips between my hands before peeling them apart. I then placed the strip, sticky side down, on one side of my upper lip and rubbed the strips lightly in the direction of the hair. The key to making this work properly is ripping the strip off quickly. Now, I'm a complete baby so this hurt me a bit, but it wasn't unbearable by any means.

I used the other wax strip to finish up the other side, and it should be noted that the strips can be used as well to clean up any stray hairs. The last step is to use the finishing oil that is supposed to remove excess wax left behind and to soothe the skin. This oil smells absolutely divine and reminds me a lot of the cucumber melon scent from Bath & Bodyworks. It helped  remove all of the left over wax (not that there was much left to begin with), and did help reduce redness. 

Overall, I am highly impressed by these wax strips. These are supposed only supposed to be used every 2 months so this kit is going to last me for quite some time. Talk about getting your money's worth! Moom strips are super easy to use and would be perfect for a waxing virign. 

Moom Express Pre-Waxed Strips For Face & Bikini retail for $8.99, and can be purchased at Ulta.

*affiliated link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!