April 28, 2014

Faces Beautiful Brush-On Liquid Mineral Makeup: Review + Swatch!

I have been a fan of mineral makeup for years now, but I have never tried it in liquid form. When Faces Beautiful approached me to try their Brush-On Liquid Mineral Makeup I knew I had to give it a try. I have always associated mineral makeup as being better for my skin, and since this has been the year of me taking better care of my skin why not try something new!
Faces Beautiful Brush-On Liquid Mineral Makeup* comes in 3 shades; Healthy Nude (for people with excess pink), Radiant Beige (for people with sallow skin), and Sun Glow (for people with tan, Indian, or Hispanic tones). I wear the shade Healthy Nude as I tend to have some redness in my cheeks and forehead as well as pink undertones in my skin. It is interesting how this product is not so much geared towards finding a color match, but more about addressing skin concerns.

The product comes in a tube with an attached brush. To dispense the product, you just twist the top into the "On" position and squeeze the tube. Then, you switch to the "Off" position and buff the product onto your skin. Make sure that you switch it to the off position before you start applying this to your face as you can accidentally dispense more product than you mean to. I may or may not have made this mistake the first time I used it...Haha! The product is extremely easy to use, and would be perfect for someone who travels or does their makeup on the go since the tube is compact and comes with it's own brush. The brush is extremely soft, and blends the product well.

Faces Beautiful says that this product is not only a foundation, but it is also a concealer and primer all in one. I have worn this for about a week now, and have to say that I do like it a lot. I didn't apply a setting powder as they say you don't need one, and I was able to get about 3-4 hours without any shine, but I should say that I have extremely oily skin so if you have normal to dry skin than you shouldn't have a problem. This did a good job at evening out the redness in my skin with the slight yellow tint that it contains, but I did need to apply  concealer to a few acne spots and my under eye circles.
A little goes a long way and you need just a small amount to cover your entire face. This is a very natural looking foundation that is lightweight and perfect for someone who doesn't like the feel of more fuller coverage products. I was originally a little worried that this shade wouldn't work well with my extremely fair skin, but it works quite well and with a lot of blending melts into my skin for a seamless match. Don't worry about how dark it comes off in the photo.

Overall, I  like how natural and light this product feels. I can easily see myself reaching for this on days when I want to wear minimal makeup, but still have some coverage to even out redness. I also like that there is a natural SPF in it that will give my skin some protection from the sun when I am running around doing errands.

Faces Beautiful Brush-On Liquid Makeup retails for $30, and can be purchased on the Faces Beautiful website.

*PR Sample

2 comments:

  1. I love the dispenser - it seems like it would be ideal for travel. No packing an extra brush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Plus, the brush is high quality! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!