April 11, 2014

Beauty Blender + Beauty Blender Cleanser: Review!

Yes, that everyone and their cousin has raved about Beauty Blenders for quite some time now, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend $20 on an interesting shaped makeup sponge. I just didn't understand what all of the hype was about. Now, I am completely regretting this decision, and cannot believe it took me this long to try one.
Excuse the fuzzies on my Beauty Blender. For some reason mine attracts dust and lint like nothing I have seen before!
Beauty Blender
I received a Pure Beauty Blender in a Glossybox not too long ago, and was actually over the moon to see that they had included one of these magical sponges. The egg shaped sponge is supposed to apply makeup flawlessly and gives makeup a more natural look. I personally agree with all of their claims. This not only helps my foundation melt into my skin without looking cakey, but it also helps blend in my concealer seamlessly.

One of my favorite parts of the Beauty Blender is running it under water and seeing it expand. Yes, I know it sounds childish, but the simple things amuse me. The egg shape of this sponge is perfect for covering larger surface areas and getting into the smaller areas like around the nose, mouth, and eyes. The pointed end is perfect for blending in concealer under the eyes.

The only downside to this sponge is that it needs to be cleaned after every use which can be time consuming. I typically will only use this sponge on days when I am not in a hurry or have the time to clean it. The cleaning process is not difficult at all, but it can be time consuming. Also, if stains bother you than I would not recommend getting the white version as foundation leaves a permanent stain even after washing.

I completely understand now why people rave about this beauty sponge, however I don't think it is exactly a necessity. It applies makeup beautifully and is perfect for special occasions, but do to the cleanup time I don't think this is very realistic for daily use unless you have to time to dedicate towards cleaning it.

Beauty Blender Cleanser
I also received a sample size of the Beauty Blender Cleanser in my Glossybox which was a nice addition. The cleanser did it's job, but I can't help but feel that it would make more sense to just buy a bottle of baby shampoo instead. The cleanser is just average, and didn't do anything special to warrant it's price. I also didn't care too much for the slightly herbal scent it has.

Beauty Blenders retail for $19.95 and the travel size of the Beauty Blender Cleanser retails for $9.95.

6 comments:

  1. I just can't justify spending $20 on a sponge! I feel like brushes last so much longer! Great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand! I'm partial to single use sponges, but I also love using Real Techniques brushes for certain foundations and bb creams. Xx

      Delete
  2. I use mine in my routine to add any of my facial liquid products I'm using. It is perfect! I've been using them for years and feel like brushes just don't do as good of a job. Though if you're not willing to keep spending that amount, the Sonia Kashuk one at Target is the closest in quality to the Beauty Blender that I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation Wendy! Xx

      Delete
    2. It doesn't expand quite like the BB, but it is pretty similar in application. It's a bit more dense, but I like that the pointed end is smaller. It's great for concealing smaller areas on the face! BB has a leg up on the competition, but the SK one is a great deal for the bargain. Plus, any excuse to go to Target... :)

      Delete
    3. Haha! Any excuse to go to Target is fine by me! Xx

      Delete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!