March 14, 2014

Treat Yo Self!

Today's post is all about pampering and paying a little extra attention to ourselves. Everyone deserves to treat themselves to a little TLC. I like to have little spa nights at least once a week to help myself relax and de-stress. I had a very long day yesterday so last night was all about pampering myself and doing a little bit extra to make myself feel relaxed. Below I have listed all of the things that I did last night so enjoy!

The first thing I did to pamper myself was light a yummy smelling candle. My favorite of the moment is Bath & Bodyworks Frosted Cupcake. Who doesn't love the smell of cupcakes? 

I am not much of a bath person, but I love a good hot shower. I don't do anything differently when it comes to a shower routine other than applying a deep conditioner. The best and most affordable one I have found so far is Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner. It smells absolutely delicious and makes my hair so soft.

After I get out I like to apply a body butter all over to moisturize my skin. You can use whatever you have laying around for this, but I have a sample of Suave's Cocoa Butter & Shea Body Lotion that I have been testing out. So far I really like it. It doesn't leave any residue and helps heal my dry skin. 

Next, I like to apply a sheet mask to help hydrate my skin. There are so many sheet masks on the market right now so you can really tailor the mask to your skin type. Today I used the Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mask. It makes me look like a bit of an alien, but hey, it works.

After I have finished with the mask I will apply under eye patches if I notice that my eye area needs a pick-me-up. I currently am using the Puffy The Eye Bag Slayer Wake-Up Under Eye Patches by Anatomicals.

To finish up my skincare routine I apply a thin layer of moisturizer to my face in areas that need a little more help. I have really been enjoying Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream. It is thick and helps moisturize my overly dry skin without breaking me out.

Once all of that is done I like to jump into cozy pajamas and slippers. Tea is a must on a pamper night. I mean, we are treating ourselves. Today I was in the mood for a Yogi's Honey Lavender Stress Relief Tea. It's not only yummy, but relaxes me like no other tea has. 

Tuck in with a book and you are all set! What do you do to relax? Let me know in a comment below!

*affiliated link

4 comments:

  1. Yummy candles are a must for pamper sessions. I do a lot of the stuff you listed, though I also sometimes give myself a serious body scrub during the shower phase, haha. Gotta shed all rough, dry, dead skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely! Do you have a favorite exfoliator?

      Delete
  2. This sounds so relaxing! For my pamper day I would add a nice warm bubble bath and lots of yummy chocolate :)
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!