March 27, 2014

Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel: Review!

I recently visited some of my friends in Boston, and found myself leaving with a sample of Peter Thomas Roth's Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel*. One of my friends recently purchased the full size of this mattifying gel and generously gave me a sample of it that she had laying around. Of course, as a beauty junkie I jumped at the chance to try it. 
I have never tried anything from the Peter Thomas Roth line so I wasn't sure what to expect. The Mattifying Gel is supposed to minimize pores and give skin a matte finish using oil absorbing ingredients. They claim that this will work on it's own or as a base under face or eye makeup.

 I tried this out both by itself and under my foundation. I seriously am obsessed with this stuff now! Usually I look quite oily when I don't wear makeup as my skin is naturally an oil slick, however, when I used this gel I noticed how matte my skin looked. I also noticed a difference in the size of my pores which was a great bonus. It also worked just as well under my foundation. My makeup stayed matte for longer than usual which was awesome, and I found myself not having to blot at all throughout the day which rarely ever happens. 

I am extremely impressed by this mattifying gel, and feel that it lives up to it's claims. I didn't find this greasy at all, and really liked how easily it melted into my skin. I certainly will be adding this to my shopping list once my sample runs out.

Peter Thomas Roth's Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel retails for $35.

*Gift. Affiliated link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts in a comment. I also encourage you to leave a link to your blog as I would love to read them. DISCLAIMER: I will delete any comment that I feel is mean spirited. The world needs more positivity!